Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New arrival.((open))
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

the attempt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: the attempt   Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:39 pm

It's dark, but not quiet. When Lyo awakes, the whole world would feel unsteady, as if the very ground rolled beneath him.

Except there is no ground. Distantly, the wash of water against wood can be heard, waves that rock the ship with a regularity that would be soothing if you didn't have a head full of elven narcotics. She waits at the other end of the narrow room, running a small stone along the length of one of her daggers, a ritual she sometimes feels she's spent half her life doing. The blade is as sharp it could ever hope to be, but she's trying to be patient.

An iron grid separates her from Lyo's prone form, but it's not the metal bars that would stop him. The entire space is layered with magical wards, meant to keep most spells from being used. He couldn't teleport out, at least. She sighs, wondering if she'd have a chance to sleep before he comes back around. Getting him to this place unnoticed, without help, was work enough.

Last edited by Veryien on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male
Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Character Information
Weapons and Armor (a general list please):
Title: Lord Master, Patron Father

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:00 am

The world rocked in an actually inviting way, even with heavy drugs in his system. The sea had been his mistress for long enough for him to be able to guess the both the size of the craft, and the distance form land based on wave size. At least it would once his head cleared a bit more. His steady breathing was replaced with a light groan signifying he was at least partially aware again. the steady sound of stone on steel warned him he was not alone, and was why he spoke. The language of the dark elves rolling off his tongue fluidly.

“Nin vel'bol xunus Usstan xun?”

A moment later, he tried and failed to sit up. A wave hit while he was in motion and it had been more then his head and stomach could handle so he lay back down with a defeated thump. From his still laying position, he speaks next in the common tongue.

“Now who did I piss off, and what do they want?”

Image hosted by servimg.com

Suicide is like telling god " You cant fire me! I QUIT ! ! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 pm

"Naut Usstan, darthirii," she replies. His first words both surprise and amuse her, but her voice is flat. She is glad that he switches to common, however, as her knowledge of the drow's tongue is limited at best.

"I don't know your crimes, or offenses. But I assume they are considerable." She continues sharpening the blade, though she watches him through the bars. One word, "Uial," and small globes of light near the ceiling begin to glow, turning the room to dusk instead of midnight. She shouldn't really be talking to him, but something makes her go on. "You've had a fairly serious reaction to the drug. It shouldn't be in your system much longer, though."

Finally she sets the dagger down, resting her elbows on her knees, her blue-gray eyes narrowed at him. She had plenty of time to look him over on the trip here, but he would be seeing her really for the first time. Her hair is mostly black in this light, braided and bound, laying over her shoulder. She isn't wearing as many daggers as she had on the roof, but there are still a few visible at her belt. The tight leathers are gone too, replaced with a more casual tunic, but in the same deep blue color.

Humans have trouble guessing an elf's age, but he would realize that she is relatively young, certainly much younger than he is anyway. Lyo has been her biggest quarry yet, perhaps why she is slightly nervous now, though she tries her best not to show it.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:26 pm

“That doesn’t really help. Do you know who wants me? That would at least narrow it down a bit”

If she was expecting Lyo to REALLY be concerned she was going to be mistaken, this was not the first time he was dragged off to gods knows where for crimes his stupid brother committed. At least hat was what he was going to assume sure he had done his fair share of nasty deeds, but he had made certain up until today that no witnesses survived. Well at least none that could have identified him… was this an inside job?

He sat up and looked her over long dark hair almost hiding her Elven ears, flowing clothing on her meant that she had either changed. Or was not the person that had knifed him earlier. His hand moved up to a stiff shoulder and eyes dropped to his thigh. Bandages? Well now, someone had gotten somewhat personal with him. That actually annoyed him. He did not like others knowing how scarred he was.

Subtly he would try to work his power of telekinesis trying to see if that power was blocked somehow. He also took time to look over himself to see if he had his weapons, or any of his things. He needed to count his liabilities, and hindrances…

“You seem a bit young to be so near a cell. Do your parents know you’re down here?”

This coming from an elf that barely looked to be an adult much closer to 19 by human standards. He was hoping she did not know a lot about him. Else, she might understand the Elven runes on his face. Though is somehow this young girl was his assailant she might know he was FAR older then he looked. And that might mean she had been warned of his powers, and his curse…. That would really make getting away difficult..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm

The elf smiles grimly, watching him assess his person. Naturally any visible weapons would have been removed, along with his personal effects. And the room's magical defenses are so thick it's almost suffocating, making it difficult to perform any spells higher than the simple illumination she'd already managed. Difficult, but not impossible.

"I have been in proximity to enough cells," she says tightly, refusing to be baited by his condescending tone. Setting the dagger on the small table, she stands and stretches, almost able to brush the low beams of the ceiling with her fingertips. Apparently he'd been out awhile, if she'd been sitting so long. Leaning back onto the same table, she folds her arms over her chest, watching him rustle about. "And if you're not accustomed to them yourself, you soon shall be."
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 pm

He would grin his power was lightly muted, but not gone. Interesting. A few moments later he would try a minor illusion spell he knew, but that would fail miserably. Well, at least he had something…. His self-inspection failed to uncover much, he still had his boots, greaves and bracers, but that just meant they did not know how to remove them. With a very brief flexing of his right calf he found he still had a thin stiletto blade, but it wasn’t exactly easy to get to. Another smile and as he cracked his knuckles he could feel the usual pressure of his lock picks under his left bracer. Well that was better then it could have been.

]“You know it’s rude not to answer a question.” He smiled at her” And No I am not accustomed to being in a cell, at least not any more. I have this minor dislike of iron cages to be honest. There is little to do in them and far less space then I prefer.”

He stood up, as best he was able, and moved towards the bars. If he could with out consequence he would touch then with his let hand and reach his right gently through towards her as an offering “Lyo Shadow Whistle. Though I am sure you already knew that” he smiled and waited to see if she would either shake his hand, or give her name at least.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:39 pm

"I did," she acknowledges, not making any sort of motion to take his hand. Her arms remain crossed. "Would you mind tossing over your picks? They're of no use to you, on that side." She hadn't read his thoughts, though the timing might make it seem so. Instead, she'd noticed them while patching the small punctures from her own daggers, but had been unable at the time to discreetly remove them.

She watches him steadily, waiting for his answer, but he can probably sense her anxiety, and maybe that she's worrying about more than just him. A human would never notice, but another elf would pick up on the concern in her voice, and the tiny fidgeting motions even when she seems to stand still. She is hoping fervently that he complies and hands over the tiny tools. So if she'd noticed his dagger, too, she doesn't apparently care if he keeps it.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm

No you answered one, you never told me who it was paying you to retrieve me.. and since that one is the one I need to know you’re not being the most helpful lady round here”

He smiled and lowered his hand knowing she was not going to take it. And he moved to sit on the floor in front of the bars and to then look up at her from his new perch. Even as a captor she was rather pretty, even if fidgety and concerned about gods knew what…. She was probably afraid of him no doubt. Though if she had been briefed on him it would not be surprising

“No.. Even if they are not useful here they might be else where, and since you don’t want to tell me who wants me. Or where we are going I might need them later”

He smiled at her and tried to use his powers of telepathy and empathy to pick up on her thoughts to find out the answers for himself. Sure he was being subtle about it, but any other telepath would feel him poking around in the mind….

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:59 pm

She hisses through her teeth, muttering "Shcrten mal'ai" as she turns away. His cheerful attitude is more than annoying considering the situation. Her end of the room is not much larger than his, and she reaches up in the corner, tracing the lines of the trap door in the ceiling, the only way out. There is no ladder leading up to it.

"Certain you won't reconsider?" she asks, a little angrily. "We may be down here a very long time, and I can be a very unpleasant cellmate."

We, she said. She gives him a sharp glare as she begins to pace, not even looking where she is walking, like she'd already paced so much down here she could do it with her blue eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 am

“No reason to get mean and insulting, it will make you a far worse travel companion then you already are.”

He smiled at her sweetly and looked to the lines she traced. Now he know where the door was too, and maybe if he got a view to the other side of it he could escape. Probably not, but maybe.. and that maybe was more then enough to keep Lyo happy

“Well if you would tell me why you want them, and share a bit more information then I might be Far more happy to assist my kidnapper… OR perhaps we can trade things.. Information.. Items…. The like….. but I would prefer to start with information…..”

He smiled again and moved to sit on the crude bed and then moved to get as comfortable on it as possible while she paced around the confined space.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 pm

"I warned you I would be," she snaps, turning sharply to pace back the other way, towards the trap door. "I am often disagreeable when I think I may not survive the night." She doesn't know what to tell him. He is certainly not her ally, but neither is anybody else on this ship, and they're heading further and further from help for either of them.

"You're not trustworthy," she tells him suddenly, as if that explains everything. "Just give me the picks, and....." She squints, stopping in mid stride. "Are you trying to touch my thoughts?" she asks suspiciously, drawing back a little bit as if an extra two feet between them would keep him out of her head. "Don't." He would find her mind to be foggy, unable to read anything too clearly. She has few or no mental abilities of her own, but her company employs mages that can set spells like this mageblock on her mind. "Just toss them over already and maybe we'll talk."
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:27 pm

“That is very true. Nevertheless, since I am unaccustomed to women telling the truth I am shocked to find you with such an ill bedside manner.”

Lyo smiled at her, but he could, even through the fog, sense her displeasure and fear. That meant she was hiding something. And based on how she was looking at the trap door that meant she was not locked down here on purpose. That intrigued him and sine he was sitting he moved to work on getting his tools out from under his bracer. One at a time…

“Tell ya what.. I will give you tools, and you’ll start answering questions. The first one will be simple. WHO hired you or sent you after me.”

He smiled balancing a simple pick on the tip of his right index finger. If she were smart, she would know that she would need more then likely three to get the door. Maybe more depending on the types he handed her, or the style of lock…

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:09 pm

She resumes her pacing. Three long strides one way, another three to return. "I can tell you nothing," she replies crossly. "I was given only your description and the location of your delivery. You were wanted alive. Obviously."

Her glances at him become less frequent, and she makes no move to take the pick from him. "My intent was to accompany you offshore, where you would be transferred to a merchant ship, and I would receive authentication. Instead..."

She pauses in the corner, staring up again at the door and chewing her bottom lip nervously. "I have missed my rendezvous by approximately two hours. In another two, another agent will be sent to inspect my trail and to determine if I have failed. Technically, I have not. No part of the clause demands I return alive."

Going back to the table, she sinks back down onto the chair, her stony demeanor rapidly eroding. "If there is any trace of me, there will be a judgment concerning whether or not I am worth retrieval," she continues, voice low. "That is my best chance now."

It's all very interesting, of course, but it has very little do with him and his chances.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

A further test of his powers and the lock pick floated across the room to her pacing form. It took a bit more thought but not enough to hinder his powers in any way others would notice. After a moment the pick would tap on her shoulder

“That is swell and all ..But who told you to get me in the first place.” He asked again as he pulled out a second lock pick “If I can use that power. Think of what else I can do or were you not briefed on the ins and outs of how I got to where I am in life?”

It was a trick question, he couldn’t read her mind. But they had shielded her the same .. So no doubt someone knew what he could and couldn’t do.. The question were. How shielded was this cage. And how quickly could he pull on his powers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:43 pm

She reaches up to take the tiny piece of metal between two fingers, not seeming surprised or impressed, only resigned. "I work for a company. I would rather not tell you much about that. But someone hired my company, and I was chosen to complete the task." She looks as if she wishes very mightily that she had not been.

Dropping the pick into her other palm, she stares down at it. "I was not given your name, only a briefing on abilities to counter. I didn't expect it to be so easy, actually." She looks over, with a small, apologetic smile. "So no, I don't know much about you, except that I would rather have you on the opposite side of those bars from me at all times. I want off this ship, and to never see you again."
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 am

“Gee thanks lady. So how about a name. Or should I call you Indigo?”

Lyo smiled at her, though secretly he was rather annoyed at how little was being given, or that he couldn’t read her mind as he had wanted to. But at least he was almost certain that she was in a boat much like his right now.. and escape was indeed a mutual necessity. That meant he would have a chance to get out from behind these bars, and soon after that a chance to get away form her… or possibly a chance to torture information out of her…

Of course the next pick was withdrawn and displayed, so were three others. And the floated in a circle in front of him while he waited for answers, TECHNICALLY he had asked two questions… but odds were he would not give her two picks. But mostly because this was proving to be fun. After all it had been a while since he was thrust in to the company of someone that couldn’t just get rid of him…

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Lyo has come to a totally reasonable conclusion at a much swifter pace than she: they currently possess similar goals. But she is not so ready to abandon her primary objective, not without a lengthy inner struggle.

"Indigo is a nice color," she says finally, turning the pick over in her fingers, walking it across her knuckles in an automatic exercise. Apparently yes, he can call her Indigo. That's a step.

She doesn't want to admit it, and certainly not out loud, but maybe she's been double-crossed. It seems so unlikely, but she forces herself to consider it, just for the sake of confronting all options. The more sensible situation is that whoever hired her decided that her company's vow of silence just isn't good enough, and that she's just one loose end too many. A rather lousy repayment for delivering their package alive and well, just as requested.

"So what should I call you?"
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:53 pm

“You already have my name don’t you Indigo? Or was your employer not nice enough to provide it?”

Lyo did not give her his name as he was honestly thinking through her prior words and the contract he himself had been given. It was seeming likely that he had been given a bogus assignment to lure him here to be captured. Had he just gone in and tried as apposed to having that bored moment of conscious then this would never have happened. He wondered if it was possible that Elle or Aaron had placed a charm spell on him subtly?

That could explain his reasonless change of heart in killing a man in his sleep. Where they part of this plot somehow? but if so, if this was all a rouse then why was she in the same boat? No doubt her boss didn’t want to pay her, or figured that she might get swayed somehow if she learned more about the man she was kidnapping… With silent reservation, Lyo handed over the rest of his tools to get her working to get them out of here.

“Just remember to get me out of this mess and back to my gear as well… I wont be any good in helping you escape unarmed, and I can make your life really difficult if needed.” He smiled at her ever so sweetly

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the attempt   

Back to top Go down

the attempt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1