Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New arrival.((open))
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

Changes in the Clinic.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rosaria_Selorn

Female
Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Character Information
Weapons and Armor (a general list please):
Title: Resident Healer

PostSubject: Changes in the Clinic.   Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:21 pm

It was time to clean up the clinic. Throw away some of the old herbs and medical supplies in order to make room for the new shipment she will have to leave to pick up soon after notifying the Emperor. Walking around her clinic, she starts to pick stuff and moving it around. Even the clinic beds get rearranged. Stopping and looking around, the whole idea of maybe a more open clinic is in order. Going into her home, she sheds the skirt and replaces it with pants, sturdy boots, and a less heavy top. Placing an apron back on and her hair up and out of the way, she was ready to go. Walking back into the clinic, she starts cleaning everything, dusting, disinfecting, and sterilizing.

It was nearly midnight after she purchased a few items to change and spice up the clinic. Some new calming colors were placed on the walls, and even some arches added to give it a bit of different look. New bedding was placed down and all of the clothing was washed and placed away. Taking one good last look around, she smiles nodding to herself as an arm gets raised to wipe the sweat from her brow. Feeling disgusting of how much she perspired today, she goes to get clean and to sit back in her home and relax. For one more thing before she leaves for the rest of her night to relax, she places a container out front for weapons and makes sure it is secured. She doesn't want any weapons within her clinic and will reinforce it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 pm

-The night was boldly making itself known by quickly darkening the streets. A sudden distress made its way through Christiana's body as she rushed towards the address marked on her small piece of paper. She hated the darkness. No, that was quite the lie. She was terrified of darkness. But nevertheless, it was - at times - necessary. The woman looked around the street at all the shops that lined it. Barred windows and closed doors was all she saw, though. Not a hint of light, or hope, to put her at ease. Christiana tugged at the few roses she had placed in her hair to release some of their scent. It soothed her. A gentle smile fixed itself upon her lips and she stopped in the middle of the street to take a deep breath. "Come now you wretched maid, it's just a few shadows. It's just a street." She forced the thoughts into her read, repeating them on and on until she felt a bit, just a bit safer.

Her feet started again, small black shoes created a rhythmic tapping noise as she walked. Her fingers fixed the lace-lined black velvet ribbon at her neck that held a cameo of Rebecca at the Well. Her mother's favorite scene. Christiana stole another glance at the piece of paper, and she mumbled the numbers, looking around frantically.

If anyone was to notice her, they'd perhaps think her insane. Which... she may as well be! Her fear wasn't quite the pleasant one. Ah, there it was! The clinic. The place she'd wanted to visit since her first day. A lady was walking out and locking the place up. Christiana wanted to call out, but that would be quite rude. She looked around and stepped closer to the clinic's door after the woman left. She looked at the times, and then sat down in front of the door. Perhaps the woman would return. If not, she'd swallow up her fears and await the night outside.

Oh, but it'd be dreadfully cold. The thought alone made her shiver, and she tugged the long golden scarf tighter around her arms, covering the bare flesh. "Oh, do be late." She hissed at herself, shaking her head. She was disappointed at herself. How could she not even make it on time?-
Back to top Go down
Rosaria_Selorn

Female

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 pm

She wasn't gone long. Forgetting to actually lock the box up inside when the clinic was closed. Though the thoughts of keeping the clinic open up all the time might be a better idea. She will have to hire people and well that she will have to speak with the Emperor about as well. Seeing a young female sitting outside the door in the frigid weather, she immediately removes the cloak and places it around her shoulders.

"Come inside dear. I will make some warm cider to drink and you can warm up."

Opening the door, she slips in holding it for the lady hoping everything is alright with her. The scent of peppermint filled the air as Christmas is getting closer. She also will have to go in search of decorations soon enough. Perhaps tomorrow she will do that on her rather small to do list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:23 am

-Christiana could feel the cold seep into her bones already, and the darkness was only getting thicker by the passing moment. Why hadn't she brought a lamp with her? It'd sure keep her better company than the faces in the shadows. She hated the darkness because of the tricks it played on her, and on everybody else of course. It was just a matter of her disliking it most. Christiana tucked falling strands of her hair back into their pins, and hugged the shawl, tightening it around her.

Somebody was making their way down the path to the clinic. Perhaps it was the owner. In the faint light of the moon she could see a hint of silver hair, and the delicate facial features that belong to a woman. The owner 'tis. Christiana stood as the woman approached, and she placed a large smile on her lips. It wasn't fake. She was never fake. But most doubted her constant joyfulness or simply grew annoyed because of it.

She felt the cloak wrap around her, and Christiana almost laughed. "Oh good Heavens, madam, you've no need to do this." She thanked her, and held the cloak tightly to her before walking inside. The inside of the clinic wasn't much warmer, since it had been vacant for a while. Short while, but enough for the cold of the outside to seep in. But there was no wind, and no dancing shadows, so she much preferred it.

Christiana removed the cloak and hung it over her arm as she gave a small curtsy. "Christiana Worthington, at your service." She called out with a bright smile. Her eyes sparkled as she looked around. Finally home, her thoughts whispered to her. Finally home.-
Back to top Go down
Rosaria_Selorn

Female

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 am

She didn't have to do anything, but her good nature made her be polite. Walking off into the back of the clinic, she starts a fire, that didn't take much since it was still in embers. Placing some water over the fire to get it warm, she steps back to see the curtsy and hear the introduction.

"Well Pleasure to meet you Miss Worthington. I'm Rosaria."

She smiles to Christiana.

"It is me at your service. How can I help you?"

The idea of food does sound appealing as she shakes her head lightly and walks over to take the water off of the fire.

"My manners lack, I apologize. Let's go into my home and get warm."

Taking the pot of water and motions for Christiana to follow her. Through the arched doorway and curtain of fabric, there are exam tables with linen and a few decorative items to ease her patients. Going to the right, she steps up to a door and unlocks it. Once opened, she steps into her warm home and in front of two females is a couch. It was quite warm in her home, compared to the clinic and the outside. Once Christiana was in, she closes the door locking it before toting the water to go heat it over the fire from her kitchen.

"Make yourself at home. Would you care for something to eat? I was thinking about making some chicken stew."

She had made the chicken stock and cooked the chicken in the day and was cooking the vegetable in the stock as she was inside. The only thing needed was to make some hand-made pasta and combine everything to cook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 am

"What a strange name you have, miss." Christiana giggled softly, then repeated the woman's name with a bright smile. It rolled off the tip of her tongue as a Latin name would. Ancient names had a certain beauty about them, a certain ability to imprint themselves in anyone's memory. They were magical. "But beautiful." Christiana bowed her head towards the woman and then lifted her body back up properly. She stood straight as she was taught to, not that she could possibly bend her body in much any way - her corset simply wouldn't permit that. Creations from the pits of Hell they were, these damned corsets.

"How can you help me? I was hoping that my experience would be of use to you and your lovely clinic." Christiana spoke softly, the smile still on her lips. "I shan't speak of all of it, I don't wish to ruin your night, but if you've any questions about me, do ask. It'd be my pleasure to answer." Christiana laughed softly and shook her head at the woman's apology, as though saying there's no need to apologize for such a gesture. She surely wouldn't have minded relaxing in the clinic. She'd done so many times before in others.

Christiana followed Rosaria through the arched doorway, but was careful to not look around. She didn't want to insult the woman by examining every single bit of her private home. Christiana quickly shed the cold shawl that was wrapped around her as she felt the warmth hit her, and she gave an audible sigh. A relaxed sigh.

"I'm not hungry, miss. But if you'd like, I can surely help you with your meal. I can't possibly sit still for more than a few minutes." Christiana stood there. She wouldn't sit unless asked to, or move around unless asked to. It'd be rude of her. This wasn't her home, so the owner would surely have certain rules. Each one did with their own homes. Remove your shoes, don't remove your shoes. Hang up your cloak, don't hang it up. Sit on the couch, sit on the chair, don't sit at all. So many rules!-
Back to top Go down
Rosaria_Selorn

Female

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:59 am

There was only one rule. Make yourself comfortable as if it was your own home. It wasn't posted but she figures that eventually it will just sink in to the people around in this town. She thought about the person helping her and that is really what is needed since she has this feeling if impending doom will hit this town hard.

"Well, what is it that you can do? You won't ruin my night darling. I love to hear people talk about the things they can do and the stories that go with them."

With the water quickly boiling, she grabs two mugs and fills them with some of the water, then a mixture of sweet herbs and some apples sweetening the home-made cider up. Handing Christiana a glass before pulling the chicken out, a knife, and a cutting block.

"If you don't mind, you can cut the chicken into bites. Enough for a person not choke."

Smiling at Christiana, as surely she can't be far off than her own age, she nods.

"I will accept your help even if it is to just smile and keep any injured patients happy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:20 pm

-Christiana laughed softly at Rosaria's question. In truth, she didn't know what she could do, what she was able to do with her two hands. She was still training, still... trying her very best to seal the powers and control them. "I'm an encyclopedia of medicinal herbs, miss." It's what her friends had always called her, as she'd constantly be telling them of another plant, of another added ingredient and its effects in the theriac. "I am quite efficient with cleaning duties, and cooking, and with making a complete fool of myself so that the patients can have a good laugh."

Christiana continued with a bright smile on her face. She took the glass from Rosaria and lifted it to her lips. She allowed the liquid to flow into her mouth and she swallowed it with a relaxed sigh. "Oh this is quite lovely." The woman nodded and moved over to where the cutting block was placed. She lowered the glass to the counter, and slid it away so that she wouldn't knock it over.

She stripped some grease off of the chicken parts given to her, and the skin, and then she cut the pink meat up into small blocks. Her lips parted and she began humming to herself, her head bobbing from side to side. She was enjoying herself. Never minded cooking, really. It was one of her favorite activities. Cleaning was something she didn't like as much, but it had become a habit. Something she'd do anyway.

"Thank you." Christiana whispered, and her eyes sparkled once more as Rosaria decided to accept her help.-
Back to top Go down
Rosaria_Selorn

Female

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:16 am

"Wow. That will be such of a help. I don't have nearly as much knowledge on herbs as I should. I have more on the magical side. You will be an awesome help."

Stirring the food in the pot that is now over the fire, she grabs a small hand towel wiping her hands before placing a clean hand towel over Christiana's shoulder.

"Case you need to dry your hands."

Going over, she opens her cabnets and looks around and the many containers labeled with all different kind of herbs.

"I try to replace them every few weeks, but I just have a feeling that they can last longer or some of them or rather hard to find."

She then closes the doors and turns resting against the counter as she thinks about payment methods for her new herbalist and hopefully friend over time. Moving after a moment, she grabs what chicken was done placing it into the stew pot.

"You're welcome Christiana."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:29 pm

"With powerful healing power, one doesn't need to have a knowledge of herbs. But, as I am quite lacking in said area... Herbs are my closest, dearest friends." Christiana laughed at how pathetic the sentence had sounded. Surely she had more friends. The baker and the Spencers, the Doyles and the wonderful gypsies who sold their beautiful fabric and magical items. They were all her friends. Christiana looked at Rosaria, and gave a small smile of gratitude as the woman placed the towel over her shoulder.

Her fingers crept up, and she plucked the towel from her shoulder, carefully wiping her fingers clean on it. She approached Rosaria and the cabinet, and looked inside at the jars and containers. Christiana nodded. "Most here, you should leave in the sun to dry, and then store them. There's only a few which should be kept 'alive'." After Rosaria closed the cabinet, Christiana opened it once more, looking curiously through the jars.

Her collection was a small one, but perhaps Rosaria could make some use of it. She liked helping people. It was something to do to keep her active during her tiresome days. But she expected no thanks, or monetary reward in any way. She had enough to take care of herself, and to purchase the expensive gowns she wore. Money would be of no use to her. But she never did speak of it.-
Back to top Go down
Rosaria_Selorn

Female

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:20 pm

"Oh Okay. Well.. perhaps tomorrow morning or whenever you want, we both can sit down and write a collection of herbs that needs to be purchased for both the clinic and here for the home. If you don't mind that is."

She smiles watching Christiana move around the kitchen. After all the food was cut up, she places it in the stew pot, stirs, then pulls it slightly away from the flame allowing it to cook slowly so all the flavors can blend together.

"I have a spare bedroom that I ... no longer use if you wish to use it."

She sighs some before shaking the thoughts away and showing Chrisitana where the room was. It was furnished with blankets and pillows, dressers, and even some clothing, though mixed between male and female. A rocking chair near the window that looks out to the courtyard. Well kept. A few trinkets of odds and ends were on top of the dresser but just to give it more of a home feel.

"All up to you if you wish to stay here. It can be more private compared to the inns. My home is your home Christiana."

Another smile graces her face as she leaves the spare bedroom.

"Out this back door is a private bathing room. It's was just recently connected to the home. Towels and all the amenities are within. I believe even some robes are in there somewhere."

She didn't check after he left to see if he left the robe or took it. It was just too painful for her to even check. A wave of sadness swept over her eyes before they quickly brightened up at the thought of this fine woman helping her out. It was a blessing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the Clinic.   

Back to top Go down

Changes in the Clinic.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1