Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» New arrival.((open))
Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

The Lull of Desert Sands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Deserts while unkind to humanity were often considered to be the dragon's best friend, no more alive could a dragon ever feel then he did when at the heart of a desert, the great scorching sands often scarred and killed mortals, and immortals alike with their harsh and unforgiving blasts. But dragon's so love the heat, the sandstorms of these places buckle away from them with a beat of their mighty wings. Klein had come to this place for such a vacation in his words. The enwrapping heat pleased him greatly as he had taken to his true and magnificent form, that of a fully formed dragon. The massive 'beast' as those of lower understanding called him stood at least a story tall, glistening blue-green scales covered his formality and his massive head gave way to two piercing red eyes, that surprisingly did not hold violence or distaste, but a wise and scholarly feel to them. The beast was surrounded by these harsh elements, the sands ever blowing over the endless sea of dunes, in the distance the krags of the mountains seemed small and minuet. Any that could reach him here besides another Manakete would be most welcomed.

[ My posting length is terrible, my description is shoddy and my grammar and punctuation need work but there's my best effort put forth. This is open to anyone who would suffer this setting. ]
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male
Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Character Information
Weapons and Armor (a general list please):
Title: Emperor of Tallendon

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:24 pm

A caravan happened to move about this region several armed soldiers along with some merchants and including in the caravan the emperor himself, he stood grimed face as he marched through the wastelands some undiscovered area in search of new alliances and perhaps a force to help him in his endeavors for he had yet another vision in his dreams of a great war a civil conflict. But he always took his dreams seriously for half the time he is right about them each men armed upon this caravan wore similar style of armor all chainmail and each armed heavily with one-handed swords and each had crossbows placed upon their back loaded up with several darts of poison that cause the person to feel drowsy and fall asleep for it was Drow crafted as they took their weapons from a Drow raiding party on the way to this deserted wasteland, Cirdan wore a gold plated suite of armor made of metal and underneath for padding he had black leather upon it that covered part of his arms upon his upper torso below his torso he wore black plated armor, his long silver hair flown down over his shoulders as his pale features gave away, strapped upon the back of his case his two handed sword Har’dro but yet fits like a one handed sword upon his touch mostly because of its magical properties. They continued there long march through the wastelands most of them not complaining however some were complaining of in need of rest so with his hands upheld he called for the driver to stop so he may set up camp here out in the open so he can get a better view of his surroundings he too grew weary of the long drive

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:54 am

He was indeed aware of the Caravan, but their life signatures were faint as they were distant, he had no intent upon meeting someone..Great, he could tell among them there was someone of influence or power, he could not pinpoint this person though..He could sense great magical prowess but it did not go beyond faint instinct. The heat that enwrapped his form had livened his form greatly, the massive 'beast' shifted himself and awoken from his short slumber, a small sneeze led to an entrail of flame to jet from his maw and turned a small patch of sand into glass instantly. 'I need to stop that' he thought to himself as he stretched out his great wings. The dragon beat his wings in a single powerful pump taking him into the air as he headed for those faint life signs. 'It would be wise in my intent to gain a few friends in this foreign land.' He thought silently, he mused over the fact the sun was growing lower. 'Oh my..I slept longer then I seemed to have thought.' Another powerful beat of his wings brought him nearer to the Caravan. 'Who ever this is, they certainly have an aura.' Another thought crossed his mind as with another beat of his wings he came closer to the Caravan still.

[Yet again my post length is a bit...Low, I apologize, O.o Holy crap the Emperor himself, -never- expected that. ]

Last edited by Klein [Silver Arrow] on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/Grammar Errors.)
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Cirdan got out of the caravan then as the brisk of warm air flowed through the region, he always enjoyed the cool night’s air more than anything in this world it brought him a sense of peace about the place. ‘’ Alright let us set up here for the night and then we roll into town soon the next morning I need these supplies in by the morning weapons perhaps even soldiers. ‘’ He did used in his normal hand signal back to the general who rightfully understood him and he set off motioning his men into position to keep watch and several others worked on their camp site setting a warm comfortable fire, Unaware that a dragon like creature is coming to them. Several soldiers patrolled the perimeter as his second in command come to him ‘’ Alright all is set in place sir ‘’ Cirdan looked at him and nodded his approval. ‘’ Perhaps the Dwarfs could be of an assistance if there are any in these regions that is we could use their skill in crafting weapons upon this upcoming battle, you do not plan on joining in this battle do you? ‘’ He looked at Cirdan with concern, who Cirdan seemed touched by it but of course his stubborn pride didn’t show it much, as he scowled softly ‘’ Of course I am you think I’ll allow my step brother or even twin brother try and take control of the region? ‘’ he let out a soft sigh as he fell silent thinking of his last encounter.[/color][/color]

[color=#fffacd]( He he it's okay im just bored myself need something to do..)

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:35 pm

You know it's sad when even a dragon can't hone in on the exacts that an aura contains, landing with a thud that shook the earth itself. He was still quite a distance from the camp that the humans had set up, just beyond the eyesight of a mortal by twenty yards, he would appear a silhouette against the desert heat-waves, and possibly be mistaken for a trick of the light, however the tremendous thud sent out a small dust cloud, and of course the tremor itself would get some attention..He sighed best as a dragon could, he didnt' want trouble with these people, perhaps friendship or alliance, but not trouble. ' My I hope they don't take that the wrong way...What a blunder. ' he thought to himself as he began to thread towards the men.
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 am

One of the soldiers patrolling the sections encampment since all their eyes can see clearly from afar not like regular human eyes, they spotted the approach of the dragon like creature. They stood still and silently one flashing hand signals to the other, which another one moved silently hopefully his notice not seen by the oncoming intruder to inform their Emperor of the approach of a stranger. Cirdan looked at the messenger and nodded he wanted no one to harm it for whatever it was perhaps he could question him and perhaps he could find help here?

He wondered a dragon’s assistance would be nice. So they all moved aside with their arrows ready to strike in case he did something to their leader, they aimed it high above his neck towards its eyes poised and ready to strike upon word if it came to be but they remained hidden to where he could not see the large force that surrounded him. Cirdan then looked up at the creature as he neared.

‘’ Greetings sir, how may I help you this fine evening? Forgive me if we have awoken you from your slumber. ‘’

He bowed apologetically and looked at him moving his hands down to his men to lower their weapons, but to be on their guard.

‘’ Please do join me and perhaps enlighten us with your intellect on your lore’s and stories of old my friend ‘’

It was an offer nonetheless to show signs of peace between himself and the dragon he want no harm to come to the creature, and he was polite as he can be and respectful as well almost business like. He figured he could win him over easily enough or he would hope so.

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:24 pm

All Dragons, even Klein have an inbred wariness of arrows, they had no true fear but that edginess was apparent whilst he stood there, admits this crowd, though they thought he could not see them, he did see a few, and he sensed their auras and their power.. " You could..Ssstart by being kind enough to tell your men to sssstop pointing their weaponsss at me. " He said before he shuddered softly, the ripple going down his body as his formality changed slowly, his neck shrinking inward as he visibly shortened, eventually descending to the ground with an angelic grace, in the place of the massive dragon stood now a man, pale in complexion he stood tall, clothed finely in sturdy leather, with decent satin cloth beneath the armor, a silver chain hung from his neck, a hint of something beneath as it disappeared beneath his armor..He was for the moment unarmed of course, though being what he was, it meant little if a threat were to appear. " I am..Klein, they call me...Forgive me, I am not..Skilled in this speech. "
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:31 pm

He looked at him and nodded and made another hand motions to his soldiers who then lowered their weapons and went back on their daily routines one took occasional glances at the Dragons presence. Cirdan got up from his spot then and moved casually over for him to sit by his side and then switched to the draconic language perhaps to impressive some that he knew their language in fact even studied it. ‘’ nomag sjek yth renthisj persvek douta xanalre? ‘’ He replied calmly as he sat there.

(( Heres translator for you to use it too and decipher whats being said. http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/mini.php ))

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

[ I apologize for the delay of this post. the Holidays distracted me greatly. ]

Klein smiled softly, breathing with some relief as the King's men lowered their weapons, mostly. He blinked softly as the King spoke in his own native tongue. " Si ornla greatly apperciate batobot...i guess ini douta attire vur commanding presence wux re vi daar di creol senar? nishka si call wux, douta majesty? " The fluency the dragon spoke with of course left no hint of an accent or whatnot, his sharp eyes kept an outlook on the surrounding area, carefully keeping note of each aura around him, the massive number of men could do damage enough to him as was. Be he dragon or not.. He wouldn't let it come to that on his part though. He wanted a friend, perhaps an ally even, not an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Cirdan looked at him and considered his comment for a moment as he guessed all of it to be right on his part he then merely shrugged and spoke calmly. ‘’ thric sia ominak ui cirdan, cirdan carnisor emperor di tallendon shar wux nomag call ve cirdan si mi hefoc doutan vur others zahae tenpiswo vi munth person svaust happens ekess tepoha an empire upon his chalsid...’’ He replied calmly as he gazed upon his eyes as everyone around them seem to let their guard down and tended to their own business trusting fully in their leaders ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am

Klein looked thoughtful, and finally lowered his own guard, though he remained sharp of wit. He adjusted his jerkin slightly, revealing abit more of the chain around his neck, before he brought a hand up to his throat, adjusting at said chain. " ornla coi ti qe tafiaf vur proper ekess addres douta title? shar lae wux tuor, cirdan. " He spoke in response to the Emperor's own words, his eyes now moved about, scanning over things. Abeit randomly.
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 am

He looked at his new found freind sighed softly spoke in common tongue this time '' It is but I do not feel comfortable with being called an Emperor just something about it makes me squrm a bit, I guess in truth of it I do not like too much tension drawn to myself...To my Empire ethier ' he looked at him hoping he'd understand why he is like this.

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:22 pm

[ There is poor excuse for my lateness in this reply, I do apologize so very much. ]

Klein had, had little experience with the royalties of mortal, or elven kind. He blinked slowly, taking and processing what the Emperor had said. Getting a vague understanding of why he was how he was. He offered a slightly reassuring smile toward the other though.

" I believe. I understand? You do not wish. Trouble for your..People? " He said slowly, so that the Emperor could understand him fully. " It is not. Much..Consultation but. I worry much. About how people are. Why they. Are how they are. " He said, to perhaps reassure the other?
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 pm

He nodded understanding him and his motives ‘’ so you act more as an observer to learn how things are? ‘’ He said trying to understand the dragons attend there was no arrogance upon Cirdan’s voice more less curious rarely did Cirdan ever show his arrogant side his eyes never left the new comers eye trying to understand where he is coming from perhaps even trying to read his thoughts through his body language to discern weather he is truthful or not though Cirdan showed no signs of his probing he was being polite about it.

(Better late then never. Glad to see you back )
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Klein gave the softest of smiles as he nodded slowly, his sharp eyes taking a careful note that the emperor was examining him, he made no attempt to stop this, or even let it be known that he knew. He allowed a clam pause to settle over the conversation before he spoke, a few moments later. "You might say that I. Watch things, yes. I observe." He thought of his words long moment after that before he continued. " I learn how things stand. Or at least I try too, before I..How do humans say it again..Ah right. Throw my bid in. " The Emperor could easily see through Klein's body language he was no liar. What after all did he have to gain from lying? It won no hearts, surely.

[Glad to be back, I'll be here regularly.]
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 pm

He looked at him nodding in understanding he let his probing stop he knew he was honest most dragons were anyway, but he knew others who were not overly honest and some well he did not want to get into detail with. ‘’ Yeah I am the same way and still am even while running this Empire, perhaps I could use your assistance as an advisor you seem to be wise about the ways of people and others from your years of being an observer I could use your help perhaps, so what would you say come with me back to the Palace I find you a quarters comfortable enough for you.’’ He said with a soft smile and looked at him ‘’ Once in a life time offer my friend you may even think on it there is no rush or pressure and my offer will stand no matter what ‘’ he smiled at him as he spoke calmly.

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Klein thought a moment, and a moment longer. The thoughts in his head churning slowly. He tapped thoughtfully with his boot, his eyes twinkling slightly as he kept them 'pon the Emperor. He sent a hand to his throat absently, fingers running over the chain that so barely shown.

Long did he think, at least ten and five minutes passing[Fifteen] before he cleared his throat gently, to speak once more. " Your offer is intriguing, Majesty. I will, with...Interest accept. I only ask that where ever you put me, that it has a large fireplace." He smiled slightly.

" Would you have me swear a Knightly Oath, Majesty? I am not so good at such things. I promise you though that, I would not betray your counsel. 'Pon my Dragonstone. " He left his words to linger for a moment or two.

Before he, Klein, dragon or no. Bowed, to the Emperor before him.
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 pm

He looked at him and listened to his words and considered the Oath for an idea but decided not to bother; because he could trust him anyway he trusted him from the beginning. He said calmly ‘’ Do not worry my friend the Palace has many fireplaces one large one in the Throne Room as well Council Chamber. I am sure you will find yourself a comfortable station / spot ‘’ He nodded as he bowed finally accepting the fact people will bow to him no matter what and he smiled ‘’ Welcome aboard there is no need for Oath for thousands of years I have been with Contact of other Dragon kin and has earned my respect, and trust. ‘’ He bowed slightly ‘’ Is there any questions that you may have also concerning this role and I will be honest this is no walk in the park, all you have to do is make sure I don’t make a stupid decision I admit I have made several mistakes in the past.’’ He said calmly as he spoke truthfully ‘’ I figure an advisor to make sure I do something right would be a benefit for myself and for everyone around ‘’

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Klein stood silent a moment, thinking of what he'd gotten himself into and he laughed slightly, not at the Emperor though. " Advice. I have given that. But never have I advised mighty Emperor's or Kings. " He thought a moment longer, before he addressed his questions.

" My duties? Yes? Besides advice? Would there be anything you would require further? " He by no means had expected it to be an easy position, though. After all sometimes advising can be a harder job than ruling! Only sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:35 pm

He smiled at Klein ‘’ Actually your new title shall be from this day forward…’’ he pauses for dramatic effect ‘’ Steward so you be the new Steward within Tallendon you be in charge of my affairs for when I am away dealing with my personal issues such as those assassins who threaten my family and I need someone to look after the Empire and you seem like a noble person who do the right thing you have observed your surroundings through eons past I'm sure you know exactly what to do I show you around and everything teach you what I know ‘’ He nods at this and he pauses to let him absorb what he said he was serious he barely has time to rule right now with the threat looming over his family and he needed someone who was brave, noble and by Cirdans standards did not seem to be the type to let this sort of thing go over his head. ‘’ I am serious this offer stands no matter the choice I can trust you seem to be that type of person who can lead ‘’ with this said it was a high compliment everyone all the soldiers paused to consider the new change of events and had short whispers some in doubt and others who knew him personally saw it coming. Cirdan can see the future some and Cirdan knew what he was doing he offered an assuring smile

(( for the record you do no get ooc power for me and lyo are incharge ooc I figure i would be fair and give someone a shot to run this empire ic other then myself or my characters nod)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:50 am

The Silence that followed could have been considered deafening, so thick it could've been cut with a knife. Klein kept his eyes 'pon the emperor giving ultimate consideration to this offer...Steward of an entire Empire, the responsibility was large, enormous even.

Klein thought, calculating the possibilities, this was no easy choice to make at all. The deafening silence was interrupted only by the sound of the wind after while, he stretched out his left wing lightly, flickering something off of it... "Majesty...What is offered is of high and great responsibility... To rule a Kingdom is no easy task..." He fell silent once more.

His thinking continuing, he had no personal agenda to further with such power...But if the Emperor required his service, he would answer as he was told. "Very well, Steward of Tallendon..Well at least now I know what this place is called." He chuckled lightly for a short second to ease the tension the silence had left.

[Was never much one for Admin-Power, too much hassle, I won't let you down though.]
Back to top Go down
Cirdan Carnisor
Emperor Of Tallendon
Emperor Of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:16 pm

He looked at Klein and nodded and moved forward whispers in his ears so no one could hear him except for Klein ‘’ Besides I’ll need a Steward for the days when I decide to take a vacation away from the Empire ‘’ He grinned and winked and moved back a step ‘’ But I know you will do a good job I have faith in you perhaps that is the reason why the gods have placed me upon this journey and his path so that we may meet, you never know fate is a strange thing.’’ He said calmly ‘’ now let us be off to the Palace so I may show you around.’’ He said calmly and motioned everyone to pack there things and head out he paused to wait for Klein.

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Klein smiled slightly at the whispered statements nodding lightly, he cast look away from the Emperor to give the beautiful desert a farewell stare and wave. Time to be off back to civilization? What a drag but what had to be done had to be done, no?

As the Emperor gave orders for the packing to begin, Klein's form lengthened once more, as he grew to his truly impressive height once he was in his truest form again. He would remain in dragonic form until they reached the outskirts of the mountains he saw in the distance? Before he joined the Emperor's convoy.

He let his mind oh so gently brush against that of the Emperor's, not to harm nor even disrupt the defensive that no doubt the other male held strong within his mind. "Let us be off then, Majesty."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lull of Desert Sands   

Back to top Go down

The Lull of Desert Sands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1