Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» New arrival.((open))
Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

Some rest at last?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thoril Darksbane
Accepted Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Some rest at last?    Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:43 pm

The sun finally came out after the fighting had stopped  birds chirping happily  as if things were semi back to normal,  even though there was destruction everywhere from last nights Storm, the tree that had fallen was visible as well, it showed a huge scorch mark from the fire it was broken in two.  Thoril looked at Kara and offered his sword too her as well, he was clearly too tired to even fight against it anyway.  He trusted her with it, he watched her as she enchanted the sword using her own essence upon it, giving it a bit of oomph to it as far as powers goes.  He felt unworthy of such a gift from her as he looked upon her '' But why '' he asked her as he gazed upon her he felt honored and yet unworthy of such a gift. Yet he knew he would never abuse it's powers either and something he would have too learn them as he goes.  He bowed his head towards her out of respect '' I hope you forgive me for earlier, I suppose I was nervous meeting someone  like you.  '' he said calmly looking upon her '' But I am forever in your debt ''  He rested comfortably upon the tree that had fallen luckily the leaves prevented the rain from coming through so they were not entirely wet.  He looked upon his hands as they were bloodied however and several cuts and scars, he would have to get those healed soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara
Seasoned Poster

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:24 pm

She would crack the smallest of smiles as he spoke, he probably wouldn't even notice. Kara followed his gaze her hands held out in front of her offering him his sword back. The blood wouldn't leave him but once he took the blade it would make quick work of those minor injuries possibly even before he had the chance to wrap his fingers fully around it.

She took in her surroundings with a sigh, how had they been so luckly lasting the night with only cuts and bruises. Many lost their lives, she could feel it, knew the storm was nothing more then a distraction for what this kind man was to return home to... If there was even still a home.

"Think nothing of it." She looked back to him with a smile, what she had done taking its toll, her voice soft, winded. "It was the least I could do after you kept me safe through the night." She was trying to justify her actions as payment, a payment they both knew she didn't owe but for him to question her would be foolish, she would question herself enough. "Shall we gather your friends?" She arched a brow reaching her hand up to pluck some leaves from the hair that whipped wildly in her face with the breeze. "Also..." She smirked "I believe you had promised me a meal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character Information
Weapons and Armor (a general list please):
Title: Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:33 am

They would move swiftly through time and space for what seemed hours, seemed only like minutes to the Prince as he guided Tallya with him. He said little upon his journey. As they neared Kara and Thoril he notice a slight change upon him and it was a good change and he felt and sensed the power she gave upon his friend, he stayed there for a few moments until they were done and as he held Tallya's hands he would deactivate his spell causing everything to speed back up and soon they materialized

'' So it appears this battle has been more of a distraction for us while he retrieved the sword, a harbinger of death some say and of chaos a sword known as Stormbringer.'' he would explain '' This can't be a good thing and yet we are unsure of the objective of these Drow , these are not normal Drow either '' he sighed as he over looked towards the Empires direction '' The battle is over, they won this time , we must make haste to the Empire.'' he said to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tallendon.speedyforum.com
Tallya
Accepted Member

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Character Information
Title:

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:15 pm

It was all so amazing, she could feel rain drops smearing against her flesh as they moved through the never ending crystal curtain instead of exploding on impact, the drops shimmered with the light of the sun  that peeked through the blackened clouds no longer taking over the sky. She hadn't even paid mind to where they were headed her eyes darting around to take in everything she could not knowing how long this would last.

They jerked to a stop, the impact of something as simple as the breeze picking up once more took her breath away. Tallya tightened her grasp on his hand as she took in a deep almost painful breath, their companions which seemed to be perfectly still then began to move so quickly or at least in her eyes they blurred for a moment. "Laz.." She breathed out his name, her cheeks rosie….. She looked towards the empire as he spoke, eyes wise with worry. They, the drow had destroyed everything she knew, everyone she loved... She knew Laz wouldn't allow it to happen here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thoril Darksbane
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 pm

He would look upon Kara '' I am honored to have this gift you bestowed upon me '' he dipped his head in a respective bow. '' I will not abuse it I give you my word, I shall use it to bring swift Justice to those who threaten this world '' he proclaimed proudly as he looked at his new weapon ' Lightbringer I shall name it '' he said as he gazed upon his own reflection with the metal side. '' As for dinner I doubt that will happen my lady, I fear the Empire has been over run or worse...'' he said calmly as he sheaths his sword after she blessed it. '' Lightbringer '' he said again and smiled he felt power within the sword running through his body and blood now as if his abilities gotten stronger just for wielding it alone. He snapped out of it as Lazuli and Tally approached, he would listen to his words for a moment '' I see well this is unfortunate news '' he look at Kara ' I know you truly cannot take part of this war, however I fear you may have no choice in the matter if you wish to survive '' he said with a slight smile '' But do not worry miss, we three will protect you '' he would gesture towards Lazuli and Tallya, he was unsure of Tallya's abilities though and was not even sure if she can defend herself and if that was the case when the time of war is over and if they survive it he will take Tallya under his wing and train her perhaps '' We will ensure no harm comes to either of you '' he said calmly as he got up '' Besides it would be interesting to put the sword to the test with our foes '' he explained and looked at Lazuli and offered a wink. '' Shall we head to the Empire or do you have another idea in mind Sire?'' he turn towards Lazuli awaiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:10 pm

He would feel her warmth as the sword rested against his thigh even through the thickest of materials that may wrap it, she could feel it as well like an extension of herself. She could feel the energy pouring from her even after he had sheathed it making the feint light disappear. She was still connected to it of that she was certain and she was even curious to see the full extent of its abilities when wielded correctly, she had never done this for another before.

Kara smirked as he spoke, he offered her his protection, their protection. No matter how little it was needed it still made her feel funny.. Maybe in a good way.. She never had anyone do that... She pouted as if she was disappointed that her meal had been put off, no matter she wasn't hungry anyway. She wouldn't wait for the small group to finish their conversation instead, possibly even as they were still speaking she turned on her hill and headed off in the direction of the empire curiosity getting the better of her, all she knew was what ever happened wasn't good the light breeze bringing the scent of its destruction along with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:33 pm

After he finished explaining to the others what’s going on he noticed Kara walking in a different direction, perhaps heading towards the Empire anyway. He would turn to Thoril and Tallya ‘’ I will be back ‘’ he said as he turned and walked over towards Kara as she walked away he begin to walk towards her towards the hill and once they reached it they could see the Empire half destroyed towers that crumbled, flames spread out wide as smoke raised through the clouds.
With the acute hearing they had they could hear the sound of battle raging many innocent people have been slain or captured. Women men and children alike there was hardly any survivors and the ones who had survived are within the Throne room well-guarded by the Templars Thassarian commanded. However most of the Empire was destroyed and to make matters worse many of them who had survived will eventually starve to death; for little did they know that the Drow had cut off the supply routes and killed anyone who came close thus making there alliances with the outside world dwindle.
Lazuli stood by her side his arms crossed over his chest shaking his head at the onslaught there was tears that came down upon his cheeks in front of Kara for the first time in his life he felt helpless in this battle, he could turn back time and change things and prevent this disaster from happening the thought had occurred to him however he knew he shouldn’t. ‘’ All our hard work for nothing …’’ he sighed softly talking to Kara as he watched the fall of his home. ‘’ Many innocent lives have been taken this day… Yet hear we are still alive and with no hope.’’ He leaned against a tree that was there. ‘’ Had I known this day would come I would of trained the soldiers to be better, quicker and agile enough to defend against our enemies… I fail as an Emperor, I failed my people ‘’ he blamed himself for the fall of the Empire
He understood how his father was, though he didn’t know it at the time but he was already saving those who had survived the attack. ‘’ I shouldn’t have stepped down when I did I gave the throne too Thassarian and then my father reclaimed it.’’ He begin to pace. ‘’ I regret the decision of resigning back to being a Prince. ‘’ kicking a rock allowing it to roll down the hill side. He gazed at the darkening skies as he looked ahead of the Empire as he saw where the spells were placed for the darkening skies no doubt by now the out posts are well guarded and protected. ‘’ If there was one regret it’s what I have put you through in the Past as well Kara‘’
though he knew she wouldn’t remember ‘’ the things my family has done, they do not deserve your forgiveness I understand and don’t blame you, that is including my son Thalos that is why I sent him away so he can learn from his mistakes and be a better person, I know he was young and stupid at the time but I hold faith that he has changed. He loves another women perhaps the reason he did what he did was out of rebound. ‘’ he would explain this to her and as he does he would alter her memory back removing the spell he placed upon her himself ‘’ I altered your memories because I don’ want you to remember the bad things..’’ he sighed as he turned away from her he felt ashamed it was clear upon his face ‘’ I am sorry I have failed you Kara in the past, my family has failed you. My people however do not deserve this fate and if you deem it necessary to kill some people in my family to avenge what has happened I would not hold that against you either, but I beg of you don’t let my people suffer this tragedy.’’ He said pleadingly almost.
Back to top Go down
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Kara wouldn't even hear Laz as he approached to distracted by the sounds of the battle off in the distance, the screams of women and children making it clear it was more of a slaughter then anything. Her body jumped slightly, ears pinning back although his words were soft it was clear he had just snapped her mind back from a not so good place. She watched him in silence until he began to pace. her gaze wandering back to the once strong empire that crumbled before her eyes, the darkness creeping across the sky swallowing up the sun the warmth went with it making her feel the chill. "There will be no glory had her...."She paused as her memories slowly came to the front of her mind it wasn't pouring in like flood gates had been opened but, slowly, like they had always been there and she was just remembering them now.

"Lazuli..." She spoke his name under her breath  still not looking to him, her eyes burning with the threat of tears to soon follow but, she wouldn't allow them to come. The pain that was gripping her heart only intensifying. His family may deserve this but, those whose screams echoed in her mind did not. She watched as a figure staggered up the hill from the direction of the palace gates, maybe a child, an injured child? The figure seeming to shrink in size the closer it got, stumbling, groaning in pain. Kara hurried to meet it remembering her childhood and how her father would argue that a child has no place on the battle field preventing her mother from training her until a few more years had passed.

Kara rushed to meet him, a small boy in tattered clothing dirt, blood smearing his little.... She gasped.. backing away and shaking her head her mind not able to register what her eyes were showing her. The boy had passed, long ago. His flesh rotted away in most places only leaving patches of leathery skin, hair and bone. His fingertips bare of all that had hidden the bone like claws that were now filed down, had he clawed his way from his grave? There would be no saving him, his soul had long moved on leaving his corpse as a vessel for whatever dark magic that now used him, and how ever many countless others. The others... Would their souls be trapped? The innocents of this war forced to walk the earth and do the bidding of one who had no right.. yet wanted to take the power in his or her hands to decide who lived and died..

Kara pulled her sword free, slowly, her ears pinning back against her skull as the thought of what she was about to do, the sound of her steel scraping making her shiver.. She hesitated that was clear but. she forced herself... She struck him down, her arm going limp against her side, her sword falling hitting the ground the same time the small boy's body did,with a thud. "F-forgive me.." her words soft as she stared down at him, She would soon follow dropping to her knees, her hands covering her face fingers bent in a claw like position as if she wanted to tear the flesh from her own face.

What was she to do, would she have their forgiveness if she were to interfere? Would she lose her place in Asgard , her immortality? Kara let her cloak fall away her wings flexing, stretching as they arched up over her as if reaching for the warmth of the sun that was no longer there. Her hands falling to her lap exposing her now pale face, a skeletal like image now blurring the beauty that was once there, was this her true form? Her eyes swallowed by the darkness of the ghost like image making it appear that she had one face over the other.

Kara stood prepared to take flight, did he know what he asked of her, what she would lose if her interference was looked down upon? No matter, maybe those kind gestures he once showed, those words... maybe they were nothing more then words to have her on his side. This battle would end, now. She grabbed her blade kicking off the ground with such force as her wings swept her up the gust would have Laz's hair whipping wildly then, she was gone. A single feather slowly drifting back to the earth all that was left behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thoril Darksbane
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Thoril looked towards Tallya and Lazuli as they would approach them and listening to him as he explained and nodded as he asked to leave the both of them, he would adjust and look at Tallya ‘’ When this is over I shall take you as an apprentice and perhaps train you in the ways of self-defense and some martial training so you can handle yourself in combat for there may be a day where me and Laz and even Kara would not be able to protect you, where we would be gone from this world. ‘’ He would get up some instead of grimacing from the pain from last night, he felt reinvigorated perhaps from the sword that was resting against his hips
‘’Come let us see what is going on with our friends over there. ‘’ he would turn and walk towards the direction they had come ushering for Tallya to follow as he proceeded he would go on top of the hill just in time as he watched Kara kill an undead child and her vanishing form sight leaving only but a feather, he look over towards Lazuli who seemed depressed more than usual and he could hardly blame him. He would turn his gaze upon the Empire that now lay in ruins what was left for him he wondered after this is over? Where would he go? He would turn his attention towards Tallya assuming she would follow him it never occurred to him how beautiful she really was and innocent looking, too innocent in fact to even be part of this war.
He sighed as he looked away watching the scene before him, as the final piece of tower would crumble on top of the Palace grounds he prayed that the others gotten out in time deep in his heart he knew they did… He would watch as a feather fell from the skies Kara’s feather. Where did she go to he wondered? Had she left this world to its own device? He wrapped his hands around the hilt of his sword as he felt the sword’s energy ‘’ No ‘’ he said to himself she would aid them in this war even if it means going against her father’s wishes, but to what cost he wondered?

What would become of her after she broke the rules of her people? He knew deep down those questions she would return here and perhaps marry Lazuli he looked over towards the young Dark Elf Prince who walked towards the feather to pick it up, he sensed in him some attachment towards Kara perhaps more than a friendly manner, and what of Tallya? He would again look over towards her, perhaps he saw her like a father would see in his daughter? Deciding to shake off his own line of questioning within his own mind ‘’ so what are we going to do now? “’ he said as he approached him ‘’ Kara is gone, the Empire is no more! We can’t hope to defeat this darkness that lingers here…’’ he said as he looked on letting out a sigh shaking his head ‘’ She would have been our last hope but she left ‘’ he groaned some and then realized within his heart he had error ‘’ No… she won’t abandon us ‘’ he looked upon the child as he knelt down beside him and said softly ‘’ The sight of this she is going to end this war..’’ he had to believe it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tallya
Accepted Member

Female

Character Information
Title:

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Tallya's eyes went wide as Thoril stood, how was it possible after the night they had, all the blood that smeared his armor, hands... without him folding over in pain? She looked down at the sword resting against his hip, maybe it was that....

She followed him as he made his way to Laz. She hadn't asked where the other female had gone. Tally wouldn't say a thing, how could she... There was nothing she could do to help and seeing the expression on Laz's face made her feel completely worthless at this moment.

Everywhere she went there was disaster, her father, brother now this... She knew it wasn't her fault, Laz had said that then why did she feel responsible, feel guild creeping over her? "T-that would be wonderful..." She tried to force herself to smile but, she couldn't. She turned away unable to watch all of this, the once beautiful empire now nothing more then smoking rubble..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:58 pm

He watched her as she approached the zombie like child and how she put the child down with her weapon, the pain she must of felt when she did it. He understood, he still had her feather he could call upon her easily. However he would not do it, only instead whispering to it softly '' Good luck Kara '' he had to trust in her as he placed the feather carefully in his pocket. Some part of him felt she would of heard him say those words. He stared upon the Empire as he turned to face Thoril and Tallya as if he perhaps read her thoughts '' This was not your fault Tallya, I do not want you to feel guilty over this disaster, this was bound to happen regardless..

We will pull through this mess, and rebuild it. '' he said in a matter of fact tone of voice even though it appeared almost like an empty promise. He would begin to make his way down towards the Gates his sword Drawn, Thoril would do the same as they marched silently towards the Entrance cutting down any lingering zombie that remained. The three of them would move through the rubble of the streets, bodies scattered, blood everywhere. The scent of death was strong enough to the point both Thoril and Lazuli pulled the cowl over there face only to mask the stench. most of the undead were slain , from both there perspectives it appeared that both sides have lost many lives. '' This isn't a war, it is more like genocide '' Lazuli remarked calmly as he watched tears flowed down his face feeling helpless against what seems like the end of the world.

'' We should check the Palace ground to see if anyone is alive in there or made it out at least , your family and your kids both are still out there Lazuli '' He said calmly as he approached her while keeping an eye on Tallya in hopes she is doing alright through all this, Thoril felt terrible for Tallya to have to go through this '' I know my family and Thassarian both have gotten out of this alive, they are strong and have endured worse then this. '' Thoril looked over at Lazuli for a moment '' Worse? Worse then this? How can you even compare such events, in my books this seems to be the worse '' he seemed rather agitated however he begin to calm down as he kicked a stone over. He moved over through the rubble to see if there was anything at all he could salvage.. As Thoril left Lazuli turned towards Tallya as he approached her placing her hands upon his '' There was nothing you could of done to prevent this from happening, no one will ever blame you for this Tallya.

The Drow that attacked us were far more cruel with the tactics they used. '' he explained calmly '' I hope you know that I do love you like a daughter, you are like family to me. When this is over we will make all that official I know you lost yours, '' he smiled softly at her as he offered to hug her. Thoril walked by with some food supplies which didn't seem to bad as he passed it along to everyone. '' Since we haven't ate anything in such a long time, I would of grabbed Kara some food as well however she seems to have vanished. '' he said as he cut some of the bread in half splitting it between the three of them as he begin to eat his..
Back to top Go down
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Kara pushed on, her large wings stretched out across the sky curling just enough to trap the large gulps of air needed to push herself forward sending her body sailing along the horizon. It was cool yet she found no peace here, the once soothing feel of the wind caressing her feathers even when heading to the next battle gone, replaced with a emotions she didn't even really understand, like those she had when she lost her father.. and they would build with each passing moment. No matter how hard she pushed, how much the muscles in her back ached the distance between her and the others wasn't fair enough. She followed the darkness until she was so close it seemed to suck all the colors from her surroundings leaving everything different shades of black and gray.

Her flesh began to tingle as she seen an eerie purplish dull glow but, still shinning through a window on the property like a beacon. Kara hadn't slowed, crashing through the window her body skidding across the wooden floor only slowing because of her claws that dug into the floor boards splitting many before she came to a stop. She was a mess chest heaving, nostrils flaring as she gulped down the air. Her hair wind blow and matted stuck to her face and scalp by sweat, blood and however many shards of glass stuck to her on the way in. She stood there, her bones cracking as they popped back into place, her wings folding tightly against her back, her gaze locked onto the male across the room, were there others? Didn't matter. He was still, in shock maybe? The surprise of her entrance sending him scrambling back , stumbling over the chunks of the window frame that had almost nailed him moments ago. He looked around in panic, she could see the fear in his eyes... almost smell it as he grabbed for whatever he could to defend himself which in his case was a dagger leaving his sword strapped to his hip.

Kara's lips curled back as she growled making her throat rumble , the dry caked filth that coated her face cracking away in some places.  She wouldn't hesitate, wouldn't dare take up the little time they all had left if any had survived that is. She lunged, she hadn't even taken the blade from her hip instead fists would fly, one after the other pounding away at the males body, slowly opening to expose her claws, then tearing at his flesh, she would rip him to pieces if she had to! He didn't give easily, lashing out at her with the blade he gripped tightly in his fist catching in many places, forearm, along her thigh making the flesh split open like a piece of raw meat that only stung when the blood began to pour from it. Her flesh became slick quickly making him lose his grip as his fingertips became coated in it her adrenaline so high she didn't feel the pain as her wounds tore open during their struggles. The fight didn't last long and in the end he would fall.

Room after room she searched like a rabid animal seeking its prey with all the same outcome.On and on one outpost after the other she would find the light destroying its source and those guarding it along with it until she had control of 3... well, no one really had control seeing no one was left standing in them. The darkness had faded all but disappearing completely the sun shinning through enough that it would no longer be a struggle to see.

Her boots touched down again, this time softly outside the last or what she thought to be. Her head lolling back as she looked up at the sky feeling the warmth of the sun that slowly began to peek out, her lids heavy, her wounds throbbing as blood rushed to them struggling to heal but, there were so many. She pushed herself so hard, so far, with no end in sight. She had gained the empire the advantage but, knew there was much more to be done. She had to push on, had to do something...

Kara groaned as her body fell forward looking reaching back to grab the hilt of a blade sticking out of her back, wedged between the separations in her armor. She fell forward, it couldn't end here, she wouldn't allow it. She caught herself from going face first in the dirt her palm slapping against the ground. Her gaze lifting just enough to see the bodies of the fallen, had they already moved on, had they lost hope as well? She may have been beaten for now, maybe there was still a chance!!

With her last bit of strength, power... A feint, comforting yellow light would surround her form, her blood soaked palms planted on the dirt allowing her blood to soak in as she struggled to keep her balance. She had never tried a mass resurrection, she had never done one before at all but, what other choice was there, she had to try! The light would spread, thick vein like cracks moving quickly along the surface in all  directions surrounding the bodies, possibly even reaching the empire itself in an attempt to breath life back into the corpses of the innocent that litter this land, mend the wounds and give those who did choose to return a chance to take back what was theirs. She didn't hold it long, her body collapsing face first in the dirt, her lips curling back into a worn smile, knowing they would make this right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male
Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Character Information
Title: Lord Master, Patron Father

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Lyo darted through darkened caverns and lighted tunnels as he moved as fast as elvish feet would carry him. Behind him a snarling beast rampaged faster and harder. Its roar echoed painfully around the elf as he moved. Clutched in Lyo's left arm were there eggs. And one by one as he moved he slipped them into the pouch of holding he bore on the thick leather kidney belt he wore. Strapped around his left hip were three hands sized pouches of varied designs and colors, a single thin bladed knife and then behind his hip another larger pouch of very simple worn grayed leather.

His right hip bore a strangely wide bladed short sword for the elf to be carrying, and under that his normal rapier. Across his back another hilt could be seen but as he moved it was impossible to tell what kind of weapon he carried. He spun around once and raised his right hand behind him. A blast of psionic powers quaked its way down the tunnel like an explosion. The beast roared in pain and was tossed back giving Lyo time to stow the final remaining egg in a pouch that all three never should have fit in together, but closed with out even a bulge.

He spun forward again and raced away in a flourish of leather about his knees form the surcoat he wore, split in front in the rear and to both hips for mobility. Under his coat it was clear he had something strapped to both thighs, but like the blade to his back they remained hidden by chance lighting.

“Thrice damn Draconians!” He cursed as he slammed into a wall instead of making the sharp turn he needed to head for the surface. A place his powers could fully re-manifest. That is if he survived the run with the brood mother on his heels.

Another sharp corner and her heard the beast gaining on him once again, but insight he could chance to see stars! The cavern entrance was nearby, he just had to make it another fifty strides! A smile finally crept to his lips as he felt he might make it after all. Hus right hand dipped into his third pouch and pulled a small gray ball from it and then tossed it casually over his shoulder.  As the ball bounced the first time it sparked, and the second time cracked its outer casement. When it struck a third rock it exploded into a blazing bright light, one that could sure blind anything. And it stunk horribly of sulfur!

The brood mother was dazed, but not out of options herself. A great breath in . And a great breath out. The tunnel behind him filled with flames and searing heat as he darted for all he was worth towards the exit. He had to make it. Just four more strides. The flames licking at his heels, the ends of his surcoat as he ran singed and smoldered, two paces. The flames licked over his back, roasting and cooking flesh. One stride, the flames over took him entirely....

Then in an instant the flames sucked inwards and collapsed in on them selves. A crack of thunder seemed to echoed out back at the caverns as the brood mother exited and roared mightily. But there was no body, no roasted elf here for her to rip or rend. Lyo was gone again . Saved by the skin of his teeth. But if not here, then where was he????

Some other place, some other ;and a ball of fire erupted out of the very  air for no reason. It scorched stone flooring and singed wooden door frames. The door itself was blasted apart in all directions as the elf emerged and tumbled like a rag doll. Hands came up to shield his face and his upper body as he lost footing and crashed into a wall and bounced off of it into a table, and then over a weapons rack. Swords and axes scattered over the floor with the falling elf as he rolled and tucked in tightly. Shock of now shorter purple hair gave away part of his identity, but he had not be seen in an age above the surface. Guards no longer sought him after a decade surely? Well they might for his puzzling entrance into their out post.

He rolled over his shoulder and stood up, taking two more strides to cut his momentum, but also he found a small winged body in his path at his feet and once more heals went over head as he toppled and rolled harshly towards a wall and crashed into it finally stopping. Kara was booted mercilessly as he tripped and tumbled, but it likely was no worse punishment than she suffered already.

Though now, taking ragged breath. A wheeze in its entire length the elf in a pile against the wall with his feet over his head and arm splayed out beside him groaned. The smell of fire, sulfur, and burnt hair followed him like a plague. But here prime material and back in Tallendon he laid. Mostly alive for now. A soft cough and blood on the corner of his lips showed. But through even that he laughed, rather painfully for a few seconds. Then adjusting he fell over sideways to at least not be upside down any more. Another pained grunt for the fall and he started only barely now to look around.

"Ow"

Image hosted by servimg.com

Suicide is like telling god " You cant fire me! I QUIT ! ! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:56 pm

A Drow figure stood before Kyovan in silence for what seemed to be several minutes, he awaited respectfully enough for his leader to acknowledge his presence. Kyovan did acknowledge him '' I trust you have a good reason for being here? What news of the world above ? "' he would ask the male as he took a sip of his wine, savoring the flavor. '' Sire we lost the out posts a winged creature came and destroyed us, I was fortunate enough to have survived the attack '' he quickly explained '' I then witnessed before my eyes a mass resurrection upon the Empire, most there soldiers are revived the templar order.

The orbs in which we used to cast the darkness above the skies have all but shattered and sunlight now shines down upon them '' Kyovan smashed his fist upon the arm rest as he got up '' Damn it all too hell '' he cursed under his breath, and little did he know Cirdan somehow manage to infiltrate and follow the guard to the compound and hearing the news made his spirits raise some, he kept his calm however as to not be caught to see what will happen next his target was before him, he knew however he also knew the dangers his sword possessed and didn't dare to get near the cursed blade.

He did order Bianca to follow the others in hopes she can protect them well enough from the enemies hands, as Kyovan used Stormbringer to kill the male Drow he turned and activated a portal which would close within 10 minutes to the tower where the winged creature would be reported on, he would move over towards the Drow male he had killed and retrieve his crossbow, and sleeping darts. as he entered through the portal, Cirdan quickly took the chance and followed through it without Kyovan noticing the movement he moved swiftly hiding behind one of the rubble; however that would not be the case Kyovan appeared behind Kara he would fire his crossbow releasing several darts towards her direction in hopes to knock her out into a deep coma, as he draws out his sword Stormbringer he would move towards Lyo his pray and target activating the ruins within the sword and it's power he could taste his victory as his sword comes towards him, however that would not be the case this time, Cirdan moved quickly his sword drawn as he deflected Stormbringer with his own sword in turn saving Lyo's life '' you so owe me ' he muttered to him, as Kyovan backed away in a defensive position he was fortunate however the sword couldn't cut his own weapon in half due to the enchantments that protected it..

Meanwhile Lazuli looked ahead he sensed a power surge within the city, as the sun brighten through the darkened skies as it seem to disperse, he saw the dark energies disappear something happened, he felt it and he watched as those around him who were once dead rose back from the dead however, very much alive. He looked at the feather he carried and knew at once that Kara had something to do with the restoration of the Empire, everything else seems to be rebuilding itself back to normal '' Well I'll be damned '' he would say calmly as he looked over towards Tallya and Thoril '' There is some hope yet...'' he looked in the distance '' Let us make haste and see if we can see what transpires we don't have far to go to where they are located.. they could use our help '' he then turned and made his way quickly towards the location without a second thought he was now running at full speed, as Thoril looked over at Tallya '' perhaps we should go and see as well? Then perhaps after words if you like to join me for a drink and perhaps some dinner and maybe we can go out sometime ? "' he would nod as he begin to walk away from her motioning her to follow.

(All characters are combined I admit I somewhat rushed the post, hopefully I didn't leave anything out if so let me know i'll fix it when I am actually awake. )
Back to top Go down
Tallya
Accepted Member

Female

Character Information
Title:

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Tallya gripped tightly to whatever she could along Thoril's back as she struggled to keep up, her gaze lowered so she could watch her every step to avoid tripping on the rubble and falling flat on her face. "Thoril!" She cried out as she jerked back the material she had balling in her fist. The light was everywhere! She tried to side step to avoid it but it quickly branched out heading towards the empire her gaze following. They had began to rise! The bodies that they had just passed jerking, a tortured moaned escaping the one closest to her as it released it first painful gasp of air. A scream ripping from her as she began to panic, trying to crawl in, around,no! She tried to go through Thoril ready to piss herself. Why weren't they running! She jerked at Thoril's hand trying to make him come... Her attempts only slowing, stopping... as Laz took a moment to explain.. or kinda.

She had to almost run to keep up with their normal pace, her short legs making her work twice as had. Laz took off sprinting towards the outpost making her groan... She had to pause good thing Thoril stopped her allowing her to catch her breath. "Huh?" She had to pause for a moment just so what Thoril had said would register..."O-okay..." It seemed like an odd time to ask but, her lips curled back into a smile. "Was this a date?" she thought to herself as they began to move again quickly pushing it to the back of her mind to save for later, an added skip in her step.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Her head throbbed, heavy, so damn heavy as she tried to lift it from the ground. How long had she been there?! Kara groaned as she tried to push herself up from the floor the blood that had soaked her body now tacky, a tearing sound heard... probably her clothing... as she had to peel herself away. Her wounds had sometime to heal only leaving the center still meaty, blood caked but, the corners had threaded together nicely with only a light pink showing the possibility of an infection to come.. that would have to be taken care of later...

Unlike her new found purple haired friend who stunk to the high heavens she didn't have a chance to say the "Ow.." that she had heard. Kara was almost up muscles shaking as her arms threatened to give out but, hadn't. Her ears pinning back as she heard the crash..  The moment she looked up her eyes went wide taking a slow motion boot to the face instantly busting her lip. Blood and drool leaked from the corners.. "Damn..." She thought to herself collapsing yet again..

Kara hadn't even known the drow was there, her flesh tingling, the hair on her arms standing on end but she didn't even have time to recover from the flying kick and two out of the many darts sent sailing her way planted themselves along her spine.

"That's right... I'll just stay right here...." She could feel her back going numb, her resistance to things such as this greatly lowered while she was on the mend..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:37 am

The world was spinning slightly and thew wheeze cam and went with every breath it took in or out. A soft gurgling or burbling sound could be heard as well near constantly from him. Slowly the reek of sulphur and fire filtered away in the fresh cleaner air of the room they were all in, but Lyo would still stink of it if smelled closely for some time. His whole world was still spinning. The teleportation left him confused for a few moments as he certainly did not end up where he head intended. The tripping over a weapons rack, booting a poor girl in the face and slamming into a wall did not help either. Normally he would be able to detect every single person in this room with out any effort making a surprise attack challenging, and making it far more likely he could have defended himself.

He could see the girl he tripped over, a fine feminine form that he would need to apologize to for using as a speed bump in his re-entrerance to this reality. A splayed weapons rack of elvish steel scattered round to the floor of some guard post room. Where in the prime material was he?
Sadly he would not have time to answer that question as a sword came crashing down over him, and another intercepted the blow as his mind was still reeling. Lyo was not ungrateful that another being stepped in and save him from a rather wardrobe ruining affair such as death.

But that did not mean he understood what was going on or why. All Lyo recognized was a surface elf standing over him and a drow. Both with swords clashed above him. One attacking one defending. But in this confusion he never heard the words muttered, and had no way to tell which had down what. So as lyo's fist clenched and he moved to rise up, or at least tried to rise back up to have any better idea of what was going on a blast of concussive force was sent upwards and out. He declared none fried or foe.

The shock wave of psionic power would be aimed at Cirdan and at Kyovan equally. The power would hit with nearly no warning and as it grew in size as it moved it would be fairly hard to avoid the ever expanding blast zone. Neither would would be hurt horrendously by said blast, but tosses backwards at what ever was behind them. Walls armor racks, weapons racks. Tables. It did not matter to Lyo in the least where they landed as he dizzily rose to a seated position. His right pupil slightly larger then his left. Blood trickling down from the corner of his mouth as he took a loudly wheezing breath.

Lyo was in no mental or even physically fit place to fight right now. He could neither tell friend from foe, Only Kara had been safe from his blast, all other beings in the room would be hit by its power to send them cascading way. He looked right and left like a frightened caged animal as his powers flooded the room to give him a sense of where all the beings in it were and soon, every being within fifty feet of him, and more as he reached out. Hiding in  the shadows would not conceal ones life signs or thoughts form this suddenly nervous, and anxious elf. His pulse thundered in his ears making him deaf to nearly any spoke words.

Last edited by Lyo the Shadow Whistle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Cirdan and Kyovan seemed distracted with each other growling , anger evident upon their twisted faces as the swords clashed upon each other they were closely matched. However, that wasn't the case as both combatants felt the psionic blast placed by Lyo , not enough time to counter the blow as they fell backwards. They both sailed across the room only coming to a stop as they hit the wall dazing them for a couple seconds. Cirdan recovered well enough though with several scratches on him, staggering a bit he raised his sword again. '' Lyo that man over there is after you and I believe he wishes for you to be killed so he can take over the Undercity '' he explained as he approached. Kyovan growled as he got up '' I would be a far better leader then you '' he spat towards Lyo '' I have already achieved way more then you ever could '' he glared hatefully between both of them after he too recovered not even attempting to deny it...

Meanwhile Lazuli and Thoril walked towards the location he wondered if he could call Kara back now using the feather she dropped. He pulled it gently out of his pocket cupping it in his hands and using a mental link between him and her ,spoke '' Come to me Kara...'' he said hoping that she would answer his call. Some part of him knew the truth however, knew that she would not come. He begin to rush towards the tower as it loomed over head, he ran with all his might even to the point he allowed part of his draconic abilities to take over his speed going above normal. He would reach the tower before Thoril and Tallya could even attempt to keep up, he knew Kara was in danger he felt it within him, that other sense taking place. His cloak was fluttering against the wind as he moved gracefully as any Elf would his feet barely touching the ground.

Thoril would try to keep his pace up with him, however he slowed down for Tallya's sake as she fell behind '' After the war is over we should go out on a real date Tallya '' he said calmly looking at her as he gave a slight smile and wink her way as they half ran and walked. He watched around the Empire as many citizens non military personal came back to life, though they didn't come back to life as a zombie. '' Way to go Kara! '' He said as he watched in amazement, and as that happened the magic within the Empire seemed to activate somehow as the buildings begin to magically repair themselves as if someone was channeling in some form of magic to do rebuild it.

As they neared the tower Laz was the first one to go he heard talking within, he heard his father speaking too someone, he got a good area to watch he was not going to get involved until, he looked towards Kara knocked out on the floor between them all, he would gesture silently towards Thoril then motion towards Kara. Using the Drow sign language so no one was able to hear what was being planned.'' Kara is knocked out we must go and extract her from the danger that is within the room, there are three people in there and my father is one of them. If we can get her to safety without being noticed or spotted.'' He knew it was unlikely that they would be able to pull that off however Thoril gave a nod as he moved to flank the other position towards Kara. The room itself was a decent size room and another door within the area. Thoril opened the door as quietly as possible while the two of them were fighting, and moving towards Kara attempting to help her up he but she was clearly out of it, he picked her up keeping his eyes on the others as he backed away towards the door.

Lazuli entered the room his sword was already drawn. '' If you haven't forgotten who actually runs the Empire here you are looking at him '' he would remind his father. With a wave of his hands he would unleash a spell sending a powerful wind towards Kyovan sending him flying towards the back wall where there were decorative spears placed ironically enough, maybe the bastard would get impaled and save them all the trouble of doing it themselves. He didn't even care enough to watch turning towards Lyo '' I care little of what past you and my father have had, that was then and this is now, I am now the Emperor '' glaring at them both as if daring either to challenge him of the position hoping this all was enough of a distraction.
Back to top Go down
Tallya
Accepted Member

Female

Character Information
Title:

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm

She was glade their pace had slowed seeing Laz had gotten so far ahead so quickly. She would nod as she tried to catch her breath, giggling under her breath as Thoril continued to speak." I guess this is a good a date as any.."She would shrug, she had never been on a date before so she had nothing to compare it to but, she knew they weren't met to be like this, well probably not...

Tally moved in next to Laz to peek in the window her eyes wide as she looked to Kara's bloody body, her armor torn and stained in the places that were cloth, her once pale hair crimson as well... She wasn't moving as the males shouted around her which Tallya knew had to be a bad sign.. was she even alive?

She would move aside as the pair moved towards the door, she knew it would be best if she just stayed out of the way for now, they didn't need to worry about her as well. She stayed where Laz had been watching through the window as Thoril tried to sneak in followed by Laz busting in shouting... all seemed to be going well.. yet she couldn't help but feel nervous, heart racing, eyes burning like she was readying herself to cry.....She held her breath as Thoril picked up Kara..."Come on..." she whispered under her breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 pm

So heavy..... She couldn't even get her body to respond to her anymore, dragging her arms along her sides to try and push herself up again but, she couldn't get anything to work right, her limbs ignoring her brains commands... Her shoulders dropped back down to the sticky floor all she could manage to do successfully was breath. She was numb, a lump of pretty much motionless flesh on the floor, bloody and battered her breaths shallow... if she was even still breathing at all, she couldn't tell... She couldn't focus, watching the dark masses she could only assume were people, as they moved around the room quickly out of her sight followed by a loud crash. Had they won?

Kara groaned as she was lifted, the sound probably so soft Thoril may not of even heard it as she was peeled off the ground, her stomach turning, head lolling back as her body rested their in his arms her limbs swinging lightly as he back paddled with her. She couldn't keep her eyes open any longer, heavy, so heavy... she let them slowly drift shut.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Lyo had taken his time after he blasted both parties away from him to rise to his feet rather unhappy about it. His left side stayed hunched down, his arm warped in tightly to his side as if holding it, clearly some form of pain or another kept him guarded, and he could not stand fully upright. Another wheezing breath and he spoke out to the room. “Because..... That is...... Original” He had a hard time breathing and a harder time speaking as he was clearly hiding some form of wound under his leather sur coat. Eyes darted from Cirdan towards Kyovan. Before the Drow had spoken he was going to regard both as enemies, but now with his own admission he had to only worry about one of them “What? You annoyed a ….Carnisor? Hardly...... Merit worthy”

Lyo Pulled his rapier from his hip with a pained exhale of breath and pointed the tip mostly towards Kyovan, his guard seemed poor, the pain and lack of breath affecting him greatly. As he stayed in his pained, slightly hunched position the tip of his blade faltered here and there like a novice fencer, he was unable to hold a true stance. He was weak, wounded...... Easy prey.

Or was he?

As Lazuli entered the room with great pomp and wastefulness. The wounded wood elf rolled his eyes, Even in pain he could not handle the amount of cock waving going on right now. But he under stood its point, a high elf snuck in , and was trying to drag the wounded girl he kicked in the face away. Normally this would go unnoticed, and even ignored. It was just clearing the battle field of the wounded after all. But then Lazuli cast a blast of wind passed Lyo towards Kyovan. One would THINK this was going to send the poor stupid Drow off into the sunset like Team Rocket.

But not today. Lyo's point wavered, the tip of his sword traced a small circle outwards from his target and maybe ten degrees to his right off target. Hard to see from behind as more than a staggering of his blade due to what ever wounds vexed him, but as his sword crossed with in reach of the spell there was a sickening green sheen that rolled down his blade from tip to ornate guard. The sword absorbed the spell entirely and it never made it to its target as the High Lord Emperor elf made his posturing all the larger.

Lyo glanced over his shoulder, but only for a moment before his eyes returned to the Drow. “Why must all the Carnisor's........ Be bed-swerving braggarts?” He insulted the Emperor and his father in one breath. He both Called them pointless braggers but more insulting he said they were well known for their infidelities and constant change of 'romances'. “Tell ya.... What” He said speaking possibly to Lazuli, but maybe to Kyovan. “Why Don't we....settle this....... like they do............... in Kornigfall?”

What? This was a city or kingdom or continent none of them would have heard of as it was a place within a different dimension entirely. A land Lyo had actually just come from. A barbaric land with few laws, no governing lord and many foul evil beasts. But none of that mattered since no one but he knew that. “The last.... of us..... still... Standing.......” His sword tip faltered heavily as he was talking, it had come to rest nearly on the very ground before him as his body wavered and teetered. Was he passing out?

Kara would be the only one offered warning, as little good as it did her. One psychic word “Sorry” the tone behind it tired, but remorseful.  Thoril and Kara would make it just with in a foot of the doorway, Almost escaped as Lyo pointed his sword tip behind him. Lazuli's spell was sent blasting off backwards and down, it would send a great wind strong enough to knock Father Son and Paladin off their feet with its new angle of attack. Thankfully Kara was already mostly down right? But that was only half of it. When the sudden gust blew backwards, Lyo used it as a rockets first stage and then followed it with a burst of his own faltering powers. Like a ballista bolt Lyo was off like a bullet springing forward in humanly fast at Kyovan. His sword tip aimed true suddenly and if he could he would pierce the Drow not only through the shoulder but nail him to the floor as the pair toppled over.

Or would it? The Drow surely had raised his sword offensively or defensively by now hadn't he? How hard could it be to slap the wood Elf's sword tip aside and then chock his own sword back in as he brought the tip on point? All he had to be was fast enough and he could Kill Lyo right here and now, Strike true and end the Patron father for all to see. But even that choice was as illusionary as Lyo being tired and overly wounded. That hand that had been chocked in tightly to his pained side the entire time suddenly had a flash of metal in it. He'd secretly drawn a blade and kept it gently tucked under the guise of a wounded side. Even if the Drow slapped away his rapier and struck true with his own blow Lyo had one last blade he was going to ram into the very throat of the betrayer. But this deception would cost him his own life wouldn’t it?

Back to top Go down
Lazuli Carnisor
Prince of Tallendon

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:43 am

(Well hopefully this one is a bit better )

As Lyo moved toward the Drow in a way that seem like he was going to tackle him his rapier was out heading towards his direction; Kyovan moved swiftly as he moved to intercept the blow with Stormbringer as it seem to come alive once the swords clashed. He side stepped away from Lyo as he went by him, he would attempt to trip Lyo in hopes he would stumble forward, hoping the attack was successful and if it was Kyovan would move swiftly as he used the sword slashing down towards Lyo in attempts to stab at him through his chest in hopes the sword can claim his soul once and for all, however Kyovan did not know he was immortal.

The only ones in this room that would of known is Cirdan and Lazuli. Both Cirdan and Lazuli moved aside to let them two fight it out for the time being. Cirdan watched as he spoke too his son '' Get the others out of here, send word too Thassarian as soon as you get to the Palace you must take control of the Empire, incase I do not make it out of here '' he explained calmly, Lazuli looked upon him '' You must do this for me as my final request '' Cirdan spoke as if he knew how this battle would end and he accepted whatever the fates had determined for him. Lazuli looked towards his father for a moment only too offer a nod '' Very well '' he said as he turned away gazing at Thoril and Kara he would move over towards them as he helped Thoril up by removing Kara gently he would pick her up over his shoulders and made his way, Thoril was beside him none said a word, they would go and get Tallya as well '' We are leaving '' Lazuli said to her as he went to the area she was watching the scene below, he turned one final look as well toward Cirdan and mostly towards the other two. providing the fighting going on he hoped that Lyo had not seen the others leave, he hoped on it. This after all wasn't there fight and none of them should have come here in the first place.

Cirdan didn't move from his spot he had his arms crossed as he patiently waited for the battle to be concluded which shouldn't be long considering Kyovan's sword seem to be reacting rather poorly, as if it was refusing to obey Kyo's commands. Cirdan was falling into temptation of the blade once more he could hear it calling out to him to reclaim the sword, he hated the sword and yet he desired more power always and it was within his grasp...

I also put everyone else into the post I had the others leave so it's just hopefully be Kyo, Cirdan and Lyo )
Back to top Go down
Kara
Seasoned Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm

She cracked open her lids the moment she felt the heat from the suns rays on them,  bright. Kara groaned as she lifted her head weakly trying to wiggle free from Laz's grasp once she was able she would slip down the front of him, her body swaying lightly as she struggled to keep her balance. Her ears pinned back flat against her skull as she heard the sound of the blades clashing. She couldn't go, her heart pounding against her chest her blood rushing through her veins with such force they burned heating her from the inside out. "I can't..." She would pull away, her strength returning quickly as the battle that raged on inside seemed to fuel her. She couldn't deny any deserving warrior the right to his new home and she currently was the only one present to take them there.
Kara wiped the blood from her face the best she could smearing it mostly, she wouldn't wait for anyone to respond she didn't feel she had to, she owed them nothing..  They did owe her a meal she would be sure to collect at another time. As she stepped through the door her once hauntingly skeletal face had sunk back into whatever pit deep down it had surfaced from. Her pale stained locks sticking to crimson stained angelic face the others had known her as..  She wouldn't make a dying man stare into the face of horror, terrify when she should comfort and soothe. She would stay out of the way, hugging the wall as she tried to slip inside careful not to disturb them as she would observe.

Tallya watched as Kara slipped away from Laz, eyes wide jaw dropping as she made her way back. "You can't just let her go...." Tally would reach out only taking a step forward as if trying to grab ahold of Kara then stopped.. " What if she gets hurt...." The girl clearly wasn't used to being in the mix her first and only loss were her parents and her brother.. Would she lose her new friend as well? She knew Kara was strong but that didn't make letting her go any easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Tripping Lyo was impossible as the elf had been in the air the whole time but as he missed Kyovan he hit his knees anyways. He had forgot how nimble that blasted sword could be and had put to mch reliance on the hidden attack to account for his foe simply moving instead of trying to kill him out right. Kyovan was either Smart or cowardly. Likely the latter. Sadly Lyo was never one to stay still, even if his attack went unplanned. As Kyovan turned to end his life Lyo rolled over his left shoulder and rose up as he spun around again. At this time Lazuli was guiding everyone but Cirdan out of the room for their own safety, which was helpful.

Lyo would dart in with a low slash to make Kyovan parry or move, well or lose his left foot to the sharp edge of the rapier that Lyo was wielding with amazing efficiency. But if the Drow lowered his weapons to parry the sword slash he'd be met with a thrust from Lyo's dagger towards his stomach. And if the fool Drow darted backwards to avoid the blow and step back a bit he'd be blasted with Lyo's Telekinetic powers as he was moving and hit by a shove like the rushing of a bull instead to topple him while he was off balance and in motion. It was a challenge to say the least once Lyo stepped up his powers to take a hold of a fight swiftly, and few ever stayed alive when he was so focused on them.

“Come on Kyovan, is this the best your Matron could train you for?” Lyo Quipped regardless of how the last series of attacks went. “Tell me you are doing all this because of some desire to prove you are not as limp as the surface elves and I might just believe you.” Lyo continued as he insulted the elf’s sexual abilities. But that was how any fight with the Shadow Whistle went, there was as much banter between lips as their was clashing of steel. It was a game to him the entire battle of mind and body, and few could keep up with both

Back to top Go down
Kyovan
Accepted Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Kyovan glared hatefully towards Lyo as he advanced his way with Stormbringer in his hands, the power radiating from the blade itself. He swung the sword easily downwards to deflect the blade from attacking his foot. However he stepped back or attempted to at the least only to find himself blasted by telekinetic power he found himself gasping for air as he felt Lyo's rapier hitting him hard upon the chest, he gasped as he felt his life force being drained from the blow '' You bastard .....'' was all he said as he felt himself grow weak on his knees dropping the sword on the ground, as he fell back dead... all the world went black then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some rest at last?    Today at 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Some rest at last?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next