Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New arrival.((open))
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male
Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Character Information
Weapons and Armor (a general list please):
Title: Lord Master, Patron Father

PostSubject: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:31 am

The dead shambled in the outskirts of the city, the guards did their best to beat back their tides and to slow their advance. But with every freshly fallen guard there was just one more enemy to combat. It was slow, tiring, demoralizing work yes. But it was a fight to a stand still. The enemy had numbers and staying power, but the guards had sword and steel and magic and brains. They had tactics, and the ability to communicate plans. The capitol city was not yet lost and large pockets of it were still being actively and successfully defended by the brave men and women of the realm. As a whole it looked grim and bleak. Many laid dead, more seemed missing or had fled.

Yet in this dirty, nearly empty square a single fountain still ran. It was daytime, early afternoon, but the plague of dark clouds that never left hid that fact and made it seem much more like dusk. There was a chill in the air, both a physical and spiritual one. The cold of a sunless day ran into the shudder of a fear left by the roving undead. Even now a small pack of them seemed to have slipped passed watchful guards and shambled into this square.

And what might have drawn them here? An empty square, a lone fountain. The undead did not need water, yet they headed towards the fountain in a lumbering shamble. Their target? Was the elf in a tattered, torn cloak that was washing off his gloved hands. A single tan scrap of fabric was wrapped around the warriors left bicep, stained with what was most likely his own blood. His black and red garments stained with dirt, and blood and mud. His leather breaches scuffed, his doublet had tears in it, his swordsmen shirt tattered in many places. It looked like he'd seen one hell of a bad day since he changed last.

A former guardsman, a shop keeper, brothel girl, and a something unidentifiable lumbered forward as he washed blood from black doe skin gloves, and washed gunk from the joints of the mithril plates of the gauntlet. The brave warrior either did not hear them, or ignored them as he finished tidying up his person. He even dipped both hands into the cool mostly clear waters to bring it up and wash his face of the dried blood over the left side of it. “I hate this day” he muttered as he dried his face with a cleaner part of the inside of his cloak.

As he flicked his head to the side knotted hair flipped over his shoulder allowing him to gaze at that that crept ever steadily behind him. “Can I have five more minutes please?” he asked with a lightly accented voice as if the undead would answer with anything other than that low moan. He sighed and turned back around to fix the black velvet scarf he was wearing over his lower face once more, and then with a deep, depressed sigh he turned around with is back to the fountain to size up the four advancing undead.

“Hey wait” he said raising a finger towards the under dressed zombie “Didn’t we........ I guess its to late to come by for another visit. “He sighed and clapped his hands together in front of himself lightly “I don’t suppose the rest of the house... Faired any better?” He waved off the thought “Never mind” and leaning backwards he splashed the water out forward in front of him. But it was not the simple small splash of water it should have been and it bent and shifted in the air as it moved to coat the ground before him, but never actually touched him.

With a large wet stain on dirty stone before him, he reached casually into a pouch on his side and then hung his head slightly lower. “Shit, gonna need a resupply sometime soon” He pulled a small frost coated vial form his pocket and fidgeted with it as the undead advanced further. “
I wonder if that little Gnomish shop in the Bizarre is still there? Not the best quality goods but better than nothing am I right?” He again addressed the undead hoard now in the puddle before him be fore he flicked the Vial at their feet. With a shattered and then a cold howling wind the water turned to ice and swiftly froze the entire puddle and even the lower half of most members of the horde.

As the horde shrieked and screamed and moaned at him in the frozen prison his head snapped tot he side and his eyes glazed over as he listened to something. “Look I'd love to stay and put you all back properly in which ever grave yards you crawled out of, but it sounds an awful lot like I am needed elsewhere. Do us a favor and don’t eat any children.” He smiled and then bowed softly to the horde before he quickly moved off out of the square and down towards an alley way he had heard the sound of another near, Another person that did not sound like they were having as much fun as he was.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Suicide is like telling god " You cant fire me! I QUIT ! ! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Aleytheorial and Adelian had been holed up for days in their tiny cottage not far from the square. The influx of the undead had overcome the city. For the short few months that Aley had resided in this place, she had grown to love the bustling square. Her cottage was small and the girl had taken a job with the fletcher her adept skills with arrows brought the man into a comely sum of money. Silence had filled the air as dusk rose.

This evening as dusk fell the last of the food store had run out. Aley made her way to the roof Expertly securing the tiny cottage. Though in clean silks the slender princess crouched over the thatching her bow drawn and arrows knocked. Slender limbs shifted, as the girl watched carefully the streams of the shuffling undead made their way through the narrow cobbled lane. Aley waited for sight of Adelian waiting for her to round the corner of the joining street.

The slender dark haired elven girl skidded down the lane in her arms a basket laden with heavy supplies. Adelian's high pitched female scream echoed against the buildings drawing the attention of the undead upon her. Aley rolled her eyes and sighed "Such a ninnywit" the girl mumbled with her slight lyrical brogue. The crimson haired elf chewed on her lip her eyes darted to a bit of smoke curling against the sky. There was a fire nearby. Aley smirked bright green eyes took on a mischievous glow.

Dexterous fingers worked tightened on the sinuous string the spell was whispered softly against the shaft of the arrow. The fletchings quivered against her cheek though there was no wind. Aley drew in a slow breath focusing on the smoldering flames that produced the thin stream of white curling smoke. Aley drew the essence of the fire through her crouched frame, Her eyes darting again the the shuffling of the undead while Adelian stood frozen with fear. The arrow head blazed bright and flew into the the slow moving crowd of undead quickly disposing of at least five.. Adelian quickly worked the latch on the door to the cottage slipped inside and bolted it tightly.

Aley remained on the roof of the cottage knocking another arrow and preparing to take them out. She carefully counted her arrows ensuring that there would be enough for the task. If not there was always her staff but a fire spell from the White Oak staff would nearly level the area burning the undead and buildings alike. That would be a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Lyo moved through the alley way nearby and stopped to make certain the road was clear before he moved into it, the last thing he needed was to walk headlong into a hoard, or to be shot by Whoever just shot a giant ball of flame through the undead between him and themselves. With a smirk he adjusted the mask over his lips and then  climbed up the nearly sheer wall of the building as it it had a ladder on it for him. From the  wood shingled rooftop he could look out more accurately and see a girl holding a bow and arrow on a rooftop down the formerly dull lane. And something else darting into the hut to join her so swiftly he did not catch them very well.

The horde was not as large as eh feared it might be, but really one skeleton was enough to make must city goers scream let alone a pack of rotting fleshed, undead shufflers. With a dry smile on his hidden lips he pulled up his hood and then as swiftly as a cat moved over the rooftop towards the girl being slowly surrounded. With a shake of his head he reached to his right hip and unclasped the long chain whip he wore. Shifting it into his left hand he reached into the small leather hip pouch he wore.. and pulled a sword form it? That couldn’t be right could it?

Well what ever magic allowed that to happen aside he was now holding a Cleaving blade. A crude looking by how he was dressed Falcata. With no fear for his own safety he leapt off the roof top and as he came down into the crowd of the dozen remaining zombies the CRACK of his chain whip could he heard as  rancid coagulated blood sprayed forth from a particularly juicy member of the rapidly fallen undead. He chopped with his cleaver and the whip seemed to shred and mince everything that came near it as it moved with an eerie grace around him.

Clearly alone Lyo was not likely to get all of the Zombies, and for all of his bravery he would not win the day if she just sat there and watched. His style was fast, viscous, but reckless, as if he had no care of fear of death at all. Honestly, thinking Lyo had no fear of death was correct, but it was not because he was stupid. These monsters maimed, bludgeoned, bite, mauled and other wise battered their foes, but they did not try to rip rend of devour them... and knowing his body would stay basically in tact after it stopped moving was of comfort to the cursed warrior. Odd, but still.

Truly, Lyo was very skilled with sword and his whip moved with supernatural grace and deadly efficiency. But he was not invincible, numbers would quickly over whelm him as he did not watch his back, and after hewing the third corpse back to its baser pieces his sword stuck in ones scapula half way disarming him. “VITH” he cursed in some form of elvish, rarely heard on the surface lands and kicked the corpse away with his jammed blade. He was no longer such a tornado of death with out his blade...

Another crack of his Whip and another splintered to chopped steak, but he was not going to kill the remaining three with out help as surely they were far to close now for a mere whip t be of use right? The nameless warrior must also have known this as he pulled a long blade from his right boot.. He would continue fighting until the threat was defeated or he was, but ultimately that choice was on her shoulders. Her actions would be able to keep him alive, or not.

(((Clickable thumb nail)))

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

Aelytheorial was intensely focused on slowly taking out the undead that were shuffeling down the narrow lane.  Yet, For every four that she incinerated there were more to take their place.  Yes the hoarde was not very large but the smell of burnt flesh, and the fire light the girl created with her arrows only attracted more.  Aley would use another method if one were available but there was no snow or ice in the immediate area so, freezing them was not an option and drowning them would probably not work either.  She did not notice the other that traveled on the roof top.  She opened her mouth to shout to the cloaked one as he jumped on the cobbled street, and into the the thick of the fray.

It was too late to stop him now.  Aely watched the other warrior stunned into silence.  Her bright green eyes focused on him carefully. His movements were fluid and graceful despite the cleaving blade he weilded along with the chain whip.  Aley snapped her head up as she realized the Hoarde was closing in.  Arrows would not suffice at this point.  Her eyes glanced over at the thin tendril of white smoke, the fire was going out.  Though her movements may have seemed frantic they were not.  Aley jumped from her roof into the small closing gap.  "Get Down"  The slender flame haired creature commanded as she produced a staff from her cloak.  It was a slender gracefully carved thing and at the top tenderils would form a cage that held a rather large crystal.

The crystal had a faint orange glow.  Aleytheorial whispered the familiar word in a language older than time itself.  Thin rivulets of red and orange light began to thread through the wood grain of the stark white staff before flowing seamlessly into the large crystal that began to burn bright and hot.  "Sheild your eyes"  Aley shouted as the roar of flames began to fill her ear.  The conflagration was small by her measure and would manage to destroy a large quantity of the hoarde.  Aley could produce much more should there be enough fire in the area to source the element.  She and the staff only acted as a conduit directing the flames.  Aley held the spell long enough for the other warrior to slip into her cottage and she would follow him.

Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:16 pm

“DOWN?” He yelled in Question as he tossed his dagger with cruel accuracy, the heavy fighting blade nailed one in the face dropping it to the ground swiftly “What in the world makes you think “He cracked his whip once more slicing the arm off of one before he looked towards the fire haired girl near him. “That......” He cracked the whip once more with out even looking at his target, the whip coiled like a snake around the armless undead and then like a chain saw spewed forth minced rotten flesh as it uncoiled with a jerking motion that its owner never triggered in his distraction...... That would make it make more sense if she had seen. The whip was magical...

“I uh” He stared up at her with slight confusion as he felt the magic in her staff pulling something from elsewhere and he almost asked before he pulled his hood lower to shielded his eyes at her command. And truthfully it was not like he needed to see with his eyes to be fully aware of their surroundings. As she moved to lead him towards the door as the horde was being disintegrated he seemed to move s if his eyes were open. He homed in the mental imprints left behind by the other girl and moved towards the doorway nearly directly.

But the most likely strange part was that as he touched the door it unlocked and unblocked itself. The tumbles shifted and turned, the bars would lift and pull aside. The door opened of what seemed its own desire as they moved to it and then reverse the situation slightly he pulled her inside as the door seemed to close and re lock itself the same way. It was only once they were inside that he pulled his head down and the feint purple light in his eyes was shown as he opened them to look around. With in a few blinks though his eyes were once again as vibrantly green as hers.

“Well now that was a unique experience” he smiled softly as he looked over his rescuer and the other girl inside the small house. “I don't suppose you'd believe me if I said I was here to rescue you though?” His voice held conviction and as he moved to lower his hod messy, knotted hair of what was normally the most lovely violet rolled out in a head where the black velvet hair band he'd been wearing failed to do its job in the constant chaos of the scene he'd been dealing with for many many hours now. “This part of the city is nearly over run, but I know a place that is well stocked, defended, and ready for more refugees if that might interest you?”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Aely had noticed that the whip was magic.  She could feel his draw on the latent energy that filled the air. The slender flame haired girl remained silent as she stepped through the threshold of the little cottage.  She hung her cloak and bow on a hook near the door.  Her staff leaned against the frame beside it.  Stepping around the stranger,  Aelytheorial moved toward the stone hearth.  Slender fingers grabbed a tinder box and she added fresh wood to the coals.   She struck the flint on the steel and sparked a flame. With little work there was soon a cheery warm fire burning on the hearth.  Aley touched her hand to the stones over the chimney and whispered soft words.  They began to glow slightly.  She had enacted a small wind spell that would dissipate the smoke keeping them quite safe.

With that done Aely turned to face the stranger.  "I am Aelytheorial, and this is Adelian.  You will have to forgive her she can be quite melodramatic."  Aely stated in reguards to Adelian.  Adelian's basket was settled on the table, and she began to unpack the supplies promptly pulling a kettle from a hanging rack and filled it with water.  Adelian began to pull together a small stew.  Aelytheorial settled into a chair.  "You may sit if you like and stay for supper."  She offered.  "Prehaps we ought to go with him"  Adelian suggested.  It would be a logical choice.  "No."  Aely said softly her eyes narrowing into a glare.  "too many people means more danger for us than the undead."  The flame haired girl stated stubbornly.

Aelythorial stood from her seat and moved quickly reaching a high shelf to gather some tankards and plates.  If the stranger would take notice now the girl illuminated by the fire light would be much more visible.  Aley stood at least a foot shorter than him.  Her hair the color of a flame and her eyes emerald green.  Her skin a pale white and yet had a bit of luminescence to it.  Her movements were fluid and graceful.  Her speech would indicate she was well educated.  Aley wore a deep green velvet gown though the design simple it was cut well enough to not be deemed peasants garb.  Addie was dressed in a slightly similar fashion though her hair much darker and her skin not quite as pale.  

Aelythorial furrowed her brow as she took a seat at the table once again her mind swimming in thought.  She had been running for so long the girl was not quite sure how to stop.  She had learned the hard way not to trust anyone, and she didn't particularly trust this stranger either.  Addie was quick to trust and often quickly hurt it was Aely's responsibility to protect the girl from herself.  Even though she invited the stranger to supper, Aelythorial kept a vigilant watch on the man.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:15 pm

He mentally scanned the entire house for others as he entered. No humans, a rat in the cupboard, a few bugs in hidden places, and one Raven of some form taken temporary refuge in the thatching near the chimney before it was strong enough to fly again. They were indeed basically alone here save what was outside the walls. Which those few not ashed were still coming their way slowly. “Lyo” he offered his name, but none of his titles or his taken surname. If she knew of him she'd know the rest, and if she did not recognize his name there was no point in helping her make in il opinion if she recognized anything he was associated with.

With a shake of his head as the women readied for a meal he unclasped his fine, if a bit more than just dirty cloak and hung it up on the hook next to hers. “Supper?” he looked at her through narrowed eyes “Does Over Run not mean the same thing to you as it does to me?” He continued to look at the girl with that same confused look in his green eyes “The paladins are leaving this district, they are hoping the can board it up to stem the flow of death and keep it contained here for a larger strike force. They plan to raze this district to the ground with fire and magic.”

Lyo oddly enough still moved to sit at the table with the women as offered but he surely did keep a look of concern on his face.... Still not for himself he could leave at a moments notice and be happily on the beach in any other kingdom on Faerun, or elsewhere in the blink of an eye. But these woman he doubted had that kind of power. But with a shake of his head he waited for them to come to an agreement between them selves, or maybe to see the logic in his words. And while that happened he could entertain the thought of how slender and lithe the flame haired Aely was.

Her traveling compaction was of some slightly lesser station in life he bet, but still rather beautiful. If it was not for the imminent threat outside that grew larger with every passing minute he might even go as far as to entertain the idea's of just how friendly theses hostess's could become if given the right mental pushes, the correct subtle manipulations. It had been a very long time since he had spent time with a surface elf in almost any manner. In the City in the Rocks many more were to selfish to be with intimately, either submitting only form the power they felt they could garner form the actions, or to busy taking care of their own needs to make good lovers. It was a shame really. But maybe if they survived long enough he might be able to change his fortunes.

With a soft sigh Lyo raised his gloved hand towards the pot before him on the fire where the stew was beginning to cook. His green else flashed with a soft almost undetectable glow before they slowly shifted and swirled purple, the glow grew as the color changed. The Pot with the freshly prepared stew would seem to be his target and quickly the food in it would heat in a manner that brought out an even temperature swiftly. The vegetables steamed slightly even inside the liquid and the meats came to cook thoroughly, but remain tender as he very selectively used his powers of Telekinesis to heat the items from with in with a friction invisible generated. Yes he intentionally let show some of his power, but right now he was hoping for expedience, not questions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Aely used a simple link something that would gently probe at his mind. The girl was not trying to read his thoughts only getting a feeling on if what Lyo was saying about this place being razed was true. Her eyes shifted watching as the man expediated the cooking process. It would not be long before Addie would smell the food and smile. Addie stood and filled their bowls with the stew placing them on the table gingerly. Aely was quite sure at this point that he was speaking the truth of this matter. "We will eat supper and We shall go." She stated in a soft tone. "Addie, and I will find our own refuge safe from here and others." The woman stated stubbornly. She would not let go of the idea of remaining hidden. "Prehaps you could recomend a place."

It was the last thing Aely would say on the matter. Carefully slicing the bread and pouring of a bit of spiced wine for them to drink the girl would sit and eat barely picking at her food. Every so often the raven would shift a bit and rustle the thatching causing the flame haired girl to quickly shoot her head in that particular direction. Though she did not like to show it, the girl was quite on edge and by all rights frightened. This was their seventh move with in a year. Every time the two had gotten settled, they would have to uproot for one reason or another to save from the risk of exposure. Aely was growing weary as was Addie. The girl longed for a place they could settle and call their own.

The stew warmed their stomachs and felt hearty on their bones. Addie thrilled to have a guest quickly turned to conversation in an effort to avoid the silence from Aely. "Have you seen many places?....Aely and I have been almost everywhere. We have had to.... ouch" Addie's questions fired off fairly quickly and yet the proclaimation of pain came from the sharp kick Aely delivered to the girls shin under the table. Aely glared at the motormouth fool. "You and that mouth of yours is precisely what brings us troubles. Now keep it shut." The red head growled her temper flaring. Cheeks growing a bright bink at the entire matter. Those green eyes shot icy daggers.

There was a sort of contentment after the meal and yet Aely was still upset with the way Addie was behaving. She moved up the stairs to the loft leaving Addie to sit with Lyo while keeping a close ear on both. She was still wary of the man for her mental abilities were not as developed as others. So She would have trouble at times discerning who was trustworthy and who was not. When Aely climbed down the ladder from the loft she was now dressed in a pair of leather breeches. She wore a black leather surcoat with her already small breasts bound so that she would have the look of a young boy. Her hair was tightly braided. A nod was given to Addie and she would do the same.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Lyo would dart his eyes to Aely the moment she tried to form a link to his mind. With a bit of palpable displeasure he let the link form, but would terminate it after a few moments. He was a remarkably well trained Psychic and as much as he might intrude on others when it was flipped around and others pressed to his mind he grew annoyed swiftly. “Please do not do that again” He spoke softly be fore he lowered his hand from the now cooked stew before them all. “where as yes I know a few secluded places not far form here I do not think they would stay safe for long as the turmoil leaves the city and starts stalking the more wild places of the empire.”

Lyo took his tankard and sipped it lightly at first out of habit to of course make sure it was safe and then slowly ate his stew. “Yes I have seen most of this world and some of many others as well.” He answered quizzically. “I have been to lands and realms that this one would not under stand, mostly by accident...” Lyo took another drink of the wine assuming he did not detect anything to change his mind, either poison or potion. “I'd say you have spent a good time in the North?”

He looked over Addie while Aely was changing. “Its fairly distinct in your accent, and the cut of your dress. And well, her traveling leathers.”His eyes darted back towards Aely when she joined back into the room he was still sitting in eating and drinking. “I'd recommend a hood too” he told Aely as he looked her over. “But really in this empire it does not take much to be assumed Human if your ears are not seen.” He smiled at her and then moved to stand up as Addie no doubt left to change.

“If we make a move east towards the river we might be able to get out towards the beach. Or if your up to it I know a few paths in the... Sewers that could let you slip fairly easily though the city towards the forested western edge, and then once there I know of a lot of nice holes or reclusive cabins that should be more than abandoned in this season.. “ He smiled and looked over the Female once more. “Course either while I'll need to pause for a few moments to retrieve my sword..... Not going to make it far unarmed. He of course did not mention the weapons still stored in his pouch of holding on his hip.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Aelythorial quickly shouldered her quiver and bow while Addie took on the pack.  Pulling her hood up as directed the girls would wait fo Lyo to get his sword before they would set up following him on the trek toward the beach.  Aely was sure it would be arduous and wrought with the shuffeling undead.  She was still stubborn about the whole affair quite tired of running.  "I was from the north once."  the girl stated in a soft tone.  "I have not returned...Sometimes you can't just go back home."  There was a sad note in her voice and yet her focus was now safely leaving her little cottage.  Her staff was strapped to her back just under the quiver of arrows.  Addie kept a candle and flint ready for Aley to draw fire and infuse her arrows.  The two were tense and quite prepared for a fight.  

They would follow Lyo, and yet give a little distance from eachother not somuch that it would be dangerous but enough so that they could defend theirselves.   Aely watched with wary eyes arrow knocked while Addie walked with the candle.  She cupped her hand round the flame to keep it burning and safe from the wind.  All eyes were on the cobbled streets, and ears tuned  for the sounds of shuffling footsteps. The girls moved quietly until Lyo would direct them through one of the sewers he spoke of.  Aely was quite accustom to traveling in such places at this point.   They had proven a worthy escape route many times over.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:18 pm

It was sad the meal was over so swiftly, but the undead were not exactly taking to tea themselves outside either. So with both girls changed Lyo took back to the door and re-donned his ragged cloak with a look of displease before he raised the scarf over his mouth and nose. With a look of displeasure in his eyes he would unlock the door and then crack it silently looking outwards. With the area right in front of the house spied he would open the door and them move swift and low out to the sword he had left stuck in a corpse and yanked it free with the cracking of bone.

His dagger was retrieved merely by raising his open hand towards it as he moved passed. The blade bidding its masters will flew strait up to his hand and was gripped tightly before being spun around and returned to the waiting sheath at his calf. The sword would be carried as he had no scabbard for it. But that made it easier to use as he found a lone skeleton in their path as he left the square. Its boney bits rolled through the alley a few feet after he smashed it down. But so far so good. Still Lyo wondered what rose and controlled these undead.

S they moved closer and closer to the sewer grate the sounds of shuffling feet returned and one could only guess there were a few dozen things headed their way as he pried the grate open as carefully as possible. But still the sword was not the best lever and the metal bars scraped stone and made enough noise that their position would be found soon enough. “Down here” he had the girls go first. Not so they would get attacked, but so when the first of the horde rounded the corner they might be gone. Reaching into his pouch he gripped and rapidly tossed a small vial of black powered towards the horde. A loud blast of thunder echoed out everywhere as the creatures were rent to pieces by fire it seemed. The acrid smell of sulfur in the smoke that rolled back towards them was tolerable buy potent.

Sure one might think it was magic, but that was because blasting powered was not well known of in this kingdom yet. And smirking behind his mask Lyo would drop into the sewers with the girls and let the grate CLANG shut above him cutting the horde off from them for now. “Well that could have gone quieter” Lyo shook his head and then took back to leading the girls through the near black sewers. A glint of light shone in his eyes when he looked back but the blackness did not seem to affect him much. “Its another quarter mile down here before we will get nearer the river and then things will likely get more interesting..... Can you two swim?”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 am

Aely winced at the sound of the black powder.  Such things in her Kingdom were more often used for celebrations.  She remembered those days well they were such happy times and yet it still saddened her to think of such things.  Her world had changed so much.  She slipped though the grate with out a sound taking care to help Addie with her.  Addie turned up her nose at the smell.  Aelytheorial shook her head and glared back at her.  "Don't be such a baby Addie; We have walked through worse.  Remember Merkwood Swamps?"  Addie cringed and Aely got her point across.  Aley nodded in agreement when Lyo said things could have been quieter.  "Perhaps you should save the mummers salts next time."  Addie laughed a little.  

The girls followed after Lyo though the darkness seemed to consume everything, neither of them were frightened.  They could hear him moving well enough to keep pace.  Aely remained quiet for a while her frame tense with her hand on her bow.  The girl was not quite sure what his ultimate designs were, and if they were ill she would be prepare.  Though if he wanted them dead she was quite sure he would have left him to the horde.  Her mind drifted as they walked wondering how bad things had gotten since Addie and her were expelled. Aely shifted moving to the side just a bit allowing Addie to go before her.  She would prefer to keep the girl in the middle since she was not quite capable of protecting herself.

"How do you know this place so well?  Have you been here long?  What do you do when you are not saving damnsels in distress?"  Addie fired off the questions as quickly as her mind could conjur them.  "Aely and I have been traveling for quite some time now.   We have seen a great deal so much more than We ever could at the palace.  She used to fight with her father constantly about traveling and now it seems we can't have enough."  Addie's ramblings pulled Aely back to reality.  She narrowed her eyes and reached forth rather quickly delivering a sharp hard pinch to Addie's side.  "Shut your mouth"  Aely hissed her face turning brigh red. "You will have to forgive Addie.  Traveling alone for so long has gotten to her."
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 am

“”Maybe” Lyo responded with a bit of sadistic glee “but then every deader in this region would not have been uselessly drawn to this area based on the sound leaving it easier for us not to run into others as you trudge through filth. “Lyo smirked and continued to wade through Ankle deep sewage VERY thankful his boots were water resistant. Lyo's eyes remained mostly forward but darted into every tunnel they came near to make certain it was safe before passing. They did not have far yes, but a lot could happen in a sewer.

Behind hm he heard them switch ranks, and as soon as the more talkative one was near by she began firing off questions once more. He did not mind though as it most likely made her feel more t peace to hear a voice. “I know almost every back way everywhere in this city, and a few dozen ways into the palace.” he remarked as his first answer “I have been in this region long yes, but I tend not to come to this city with out driving reason.” He stopped at her next question and then looked back “Honestly I am normally the one causing Distress not stopping it. I work as a Sellsword often, a mercenary”

After his answer he turned to start walking again and Addie continued rambling “Palace huh?”But before he could be answered Addie was pinched and Aely was hissing at her as she spoke. “Living behind the walls of a castle is not the life for everyone.” He smiled under his mask “Some of us prefer the wild lands. Seeing new places as often s you can arrange it, learning new languages, living by our wits and will.” He slowed and looked down a large cavernous tunnel before turning down it. “Do not worry, I'm not going to tell any one a Princess ran away. But you never answered and its growing more important for mew to know. Can you two swim?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 am

To Aely's relief he thought they ran away this would be a safer mindset for them all considering that Addie could not keep her mouth shut. Aely remained quiet her ears open as the turned down the tunnel. Her hand shifted adjusting her bow so it could be grabbed at a moments notice as the trudged through the filth. Aely was grateful she managed to seal their boots some time ago when trudging through a swamp land to get to that city. She was disheartened to have to leave again but this was her plight. The girls sort of knew they would never be able to settle any where and no where was safe from the court's reach.

Aely lost herself in thought her mind flitting landing on her brothers for a bit wondering. One of them was missing and had been missing for some time now. The world had become a stranger to her and through their travels all places began to look the same. It was a cold feeling to be so alone. There was no army that she could call upon to regain her home and yet Aely took comfort in the fact that her life had boiled down to simple survival. It stripped her of airs and graces. The lessons in humility were hard learned before but now she had become a creature of resolve and thought. The brigh flame and temper were gone from the girl. Her eyes now were watchful and paitent.

There would be a price to pay for this mans help. Aely was sure of it as she followed quietly listening to the soft jabber of Addie. She wished the girl would quiet so she could hear. Her voice though soft was echoing against the rounded walls of the tunnels. Her eyes in the darkness were at a disadvantage but she could not rely on her ears either. Aely growing tired of the prattle swatted Addie. "Quiet you ninny wit....I need to be able to hear." The girl stated in a huffed tone. Addie finally relented and stopped the jabber. Aely intensly focused on the noise around them taking care to pay close attention to every thing.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Lyo lead them with ease through a sharp right turn into a massive sewage tunnel, but oddly the air started to smell fresher as they moved and walked. Though it got no brighter. The sewers were devoid of life it seemed for the most part and they were easily getting further form the blight of undead above them on the surface of the town. Again he asked if they could swim and again his question was ignored so he dropped it. In a few minute it was going to become of very important and relevant terms to their travel , but ti wasn’t like he couldn't also float them over the water and keep them dry had eh decided to.

With a bit of a shrug he stopped near a slightly broken unlit torch sconce.  “Huh, when did this get broken?” he asked himself as he looked back towards the girl like they might know. After a second and a soft smile he reached up and twisted it clockwise until it was upside down and then let go of it. With the sound of grating gears and the thunk thunk thunk of some heavy weight the sconce turned back around and then a secret door opened up in front of all three of them.

“I wonder where this leads” he said with a soft and very intentional smile. “Don’t worry its gonna be safe from here on out, unless the dead are on the beach”  Takeing the lead again he would move forward with the girls and lead them through a  more finely crafted tunnel system that smelled far better than the sewer behind, and after the last girl came through Lyo snapped and the passage behind them closed. “These tunnels were built back when the empire was still young, its part of several secret escape tunnels they ruler and a few guilds put in when the last war raged on.... Don't worry I do not think any one actually still remembers these things. And even if they do, I know this one is safe. Its how I got into town in the first place this time.”

He turned back to make sure the girls were still fine and then asked Addie “So how long have you worked for her?” It was a sly question but he was betting on the fact he braver of them was really the master and the other her doting loyal nincompoop. Err maid.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Aely and Addie followed diligently.  Aely kept her eye on her maid though remained quiet as they rounded into a large sewage tunnel.  As they made their way up the steps in tow behind Lyo the girls would take in a breath of fresh air as soon as they managed to be well away from the sewer.  "Since I was a girl."  Addie answered quickly.  Aely narrowed her eyes again, but said nothing.  She was in no mood to chastise the girl.  Her slim frame moved through the narrow tunnels.  Her bow kept close just in the event the tunnel was no longer safe.  The girl bit into her lip and drew in a heated breath. Her eyes narrowing at Addie and Lyo.  

"Do you often ask so many questions"  The girl stated in a crisp tone.  She was growing weary of this game, but to ensure safety Aely was more akin to keep her secrets.  "Hasn't anyone ever told you that it is rude to pry?"  She chastise.  "And, you Addie,  You know better."  Aely stated.  "I mean, why not just spoil the entire story so that we can just pretend to be the pitiful creatures we are?"  Addie was loosing it the stress of everything drawing out the worst.  "Honestly the both of you."  She stalked off quickly her temper rearing its ugly head. I suppose I ought to lay down my head on the chopping block. The fire haired princess thought as she walked on alone following the tunnel along.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 pm

“Yes.” He answered simply Before Aely stormed off ahead of them in the twisting path of darkness. Not terrible far off the smell of sweeter waters would comfort their noses with the soft scent of fresher air. “One should always know who is and is not worth dying for when traveling surrounded by undead.” He said it so matter of factly it almost sound like he'd died before. But that must be untrue right? “Up ahead is going to be a lit cavern with a lot of crystals and cool blue waters....... DO'NT touch Anything especially the water there miss” He however did not say why as he kept walking with Addie. “She gets angered easily doesn’t she?”

The path ahead would indeed after a hundred yards start to illuminate with pretty colors. Blues reds greens yellows and even pinks and purples. But all the colors shimmer in strange ways as they changed. “And no one here is going to walk you up a gallows for the headsman Princess.” He smiled under his mask. “I mean the monster up ahead might eat you if you are not careful but really as long as you take direction better than you answer questions this should go smoothly.”

He indeed had a very intimate understanding of these old tunnels and caverns as they moved though them and swiftly the sweet air started to smell more and more alluring.... an unfortunate part of the spells the monster used to make feeding easier. When the finally creased the last of the tunnels and rose out of the paths leading form the sewers they rested in a natural looking cavern covered with beautiful multicolored crystals.. but all the lights seemed to only come form crystals under the waters the fluctuated in color and seemed to be possibly dancing among themselves. “So, don’t touch anything okay? And tell me when you hear music...” When, not if but when... ….. He certainly knew something he was not admitting to.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Aely gasped as she stared at the brightly coloured light. It was mesmerising. She was stilled a the mouth of the cavern, and waited for the others to catch up. The was an odd sense of security as Lyo approached. Aely jammed her jammed inside her pockets keeping them balled tight inside her cloak. She walked behind the other two not saying a word. "Music" She whispered "faint but there" The girl stated clutching Lyo's cloak. Her bright green eyes darting about the cavern cautiously. The slim girl reached for her bow carefully. Making sure not to bump anything. Aely bit into her lip and knocked an arrow not sure weather this was a trap or a creature. A cold sensation began to prickle her skin, and she shifted her eyes to Lyo for instruction.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Lyo smiled and pulled a small vial out from his pouch. It was square of bottom but round in every other way. No larger than the palm of his hand as he held it out of sight while they caught up to Aely. “Welcome to our Siren.”He said as he looked around the room softly. “No its not really a Siren that was just what we called it back when we used these tunnels more often. Not a very pleasant pet, but she always did keep the riff-raff from getting to far” His eyes were scanning everywhere for the creature, but kept seeming never to find it.

“She Actually used to haunt a far large passage way until it collapsed in part about twenty years ago.... “he continued the pointless history lessons as he shook his head and reached out with his other senses located the creature near instantly of course. “Has quite the taste for everything really. The lights, the music.. and the song are all gifts of hers.... some form of psychic hypnotism I never grasped how she does.” He stepped in front fo the girls and started skirting the edge of the tunnels to the left. The ledge no wider than his small elvish foot in most places.

“The lights and the music are not the important part, but the song.... its different for everyone, brings on feelings of peace and joy....... homesickness.... It slows your mind, just as it dulls your vision.. lets little song birds dance in your.......” Lyo Tossed the object concealed in his hand across the room and it plunked into the water with a small sound, but it was followed with a far larger explosion of water of something diving in after it. “And she really, really likes Vanilla. “He said as the music and sounds and even lights all stopped for seve3ral seconds before they came back very very slowly. “She also has the key we need for the neck door........ I can pick it and force it but its not exactly fast, even for me.......”

He turned and looked towards the girls who hopefully right behind him on this thin, slippery edge “Don't fall in” He said softly as he Smiled back and then continued forward around the rooms edge towards another tunnel, and more importantly a larger landing they could all easily fit on if they made it there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Aely followed close behind Lyo. She focused on his voice and not the alluring sound of the music. Her footsteps though nimble were as measure as they could be. The ledge narrowed in some places to where it was impossible to step and one would have to hop on the next portion. It was a portion such as this that would have ended Aely had Lyo not grabbed her arm and steadied the girl. It would not be long before they would manage to make their way toward the new tunnel and the larger landing. The girls bright eyes took care.

This place was still so very strange to Aely it was very unlike her home and yet there was an odd sort of comfort being hidden away. The fear was melting from her. She was no longer completely distrustful of Lyo. One would dare say the girl was beginning to like him. Aely would never elude to it. She tended to keep quiet of such things.
Back to top Go down
Lyo the Shadow Whistle
Patron Father

Male

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

The larger landing had a large, albeit slightly worn inscription on the wall in a seemingly pointless place, but of course no one would go through such trouble pointlessly right? “This is going to take me a few moments” Lyo said as he turned and made sure both girls were on the landing. “Stand closer to the wall than me. When it opens you are going to want to go forward pretty swiftly.” Odd statement, but at that Lyo Sat gently on the dry landing and closed his eyes which seemed to start fluttering near instantly. Around them they started to head clicking, and stone dragging over stone came form the wall.

A large splashing in the water again erupted and the 'siren' was fully visibly on an island  that had not been visible in the lights until the beast was on it. No eyes seemed to look them over, but its face was drawn and aimed at them as it let out a shrill cry that echoed and filled the cavern with red and orange lights like fire. Yet even as the horror and terror might flood around them the serenity and its song increased. The very air rippled like water with a single stone cast into it and the monster faded into a ghostly image of a young girl.

“Master returned?” she said softly, sullenly as she wiped a drop of a tear form her watery visage. She seemed happy yet sad as she looked over the back of Lyo as he worked... whatever it was he seemed to be doing to work hidden locks inside the wall. The watery girl turned to Addy and to Aley at the same time, her powers making it seem to either girl as she made eye contact to her as she worked her powers forcibly to lull them softly. “Make master love us again. We missed him for ever it feels like.” The girls teary eyes returned as she pleaded and stalked softly over the water as if it was solid enough for her to walk over. “Please? We miss him, its been so long since he brought us a toy or gift.” Another tear dropped into the waters below and the room turned form golden fire to sorrow filled blue and green.

If the girls were not prepared for the psychic attack they would become over burdened with sorrow felt by the Ghostly girl before them that concealed the advance of the monster. Meanwhile the locks clicked and the door groaned, but still did not open as a soft light seemed to radiate around Lyo's body, his astral aura becoming visible in the prime plane as he called on his powers. He was not being strained by the door, but by attempting to lesson the effects of the ghosts sadness. “Please? We miss Master, he was once so kind to us... make him stay? We can make it all better like it was before.......” He ghost kept on pressing its psychic attack, the emotional overload it tried to sway the girls with as Lyo worked to free them from this cavern.

The Siren

The Ghostly Girl.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)   

Back to top Go down

A tattered warrior (OPEN SoD thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1