Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» New arrival.((open))
Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

A long ways from home.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A long ways from home.    Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 pm

The morning sun would be slowly rising over the horizon warming the mist covered grounds. The soft golden ray of sunlight kissing the tree tops waking the birds and other wildlife with its warmth. The gentle southern breeze blowing through the meadows and over streams, bending blades of soft lush green grass. As the sun would rise higher in the sky it would chase away the black ink night sky and the shining stars above. Its warmth would slowly lift the mist off the ground reviling a shadowy figure walking down a road softly humming a song as it walks. Looking around to hear the early morning sounds of the forest ahead, she would stop and take a moment to bring her hand up to her face and push her hood back long flowing brown hair with blonde highlights would fall about her shoulders down to the middle of her back. A smile would play on her soft tender lips as she would give thanks to her Goddess/God for getting her their safely and with little to no trouble at all. Taking a moment to get her breath she would lean forward on her staff resting a bit. Dressed in garbs of white and lavender with silver trimming. Standing there for a moment she would send a thank you prayer up to the Goddess/God for showing her the path to get here and for the many blessings they have bestowed upon her. Taking an extra moment she would look up she would admire the forest around her. The tall trees with a verity of shades of green. The solid earth beneath her feet gives her some comfort for the moment. Looking ahead, she would notice the shadows dancing along the forest floor not able to make any of the shapes out she decide to not worry about it and presses on. The long grass covered earth felt good against her ankles it would be a long ways still yet before she reached the nearest town. As she walks along the hidden pathway that seemed to lead to a nearby town she would lean more on her staff being a bit tired from her journey so far. The shade of the trees would help cool her off as she would reach for her water skin, bringing it to her lips to get a drink of ice cold water. It seemed just like another typical day with the promise of a new adventure around each bend.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-09-11

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 am

He walked along the same path as the women did, though Thalos didn't know it yet, he was returning home after his training and he had the man who had seen much already though he was young now just reaching adult hood. He was walking down the path silently whistling to himself some song he learned; perhaps his mother and father had taught him the song at a younger age. He wore black suite of armor and black elfish cloak and he had the cowl of his hood covering his face. The way he walked and dressed would suggest he was of Royal blood. He gave pause however half way down the path and spotted a young female, perhaps she looked almost same age as he is.

He moved towards her location offering a bow of greetings ‘my name is Thalos Carnisor I am the prince of these lands, you seem to be new around these parts ‘’ he glances up at her as his blue eyes gaze upon hers eyes as his long white hair flowed down over his shoulders strapped upon his right sheath his sword it had nothing special about it, just a sharp edge to cut things or his foes in half that was it. he gazed upon her to watch her reaction mostly out of curiosity as he remained in a passive position in a non-threatening way. he watched silently as the shadows danced about the place, he knew of the shadows perhaps his father has told him much, and so his grandfather as well he felt the cold breeze brush against his face as he stared at the women for a moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 am

Turning suddenly she would be face to face with a young man about her age A sweet smile would tug at her lips as she listened to him introduce himself to her as the words Prince left his lips she would curtsy politely and with elegance a sign that she could possibly be royalty herself but from a family unknown to these lands. Lanna would smile a bit more as she would lift her head again to lock eyes with the beautiful male before her. Parting her lips she would introduce herself as well “My name is Lanna Ael Arabi mitore and I am a healer my lord You are correct my lord I am not from around here I just arrived . “ She would say with a sweet smile upon her lips a faint blush to her cheeks. However she would start to wonder what royalty would be doing way out here and away from the palace of course she herself would not dare say such a thing.

Looking around she would notice the sun rising higher in the sky giving the earth below warm tender embrace slowly warming all life below. The sound of birds flying overhead would cause her to jump ever so slightly. Looking at him once more she would part her lips again to speak to him studying him and his demeanor as she herself would appear to be completely harmless save the staff that she would currently be using to walk with. “Pardon me my lord but what brings you out this way today?” she would ask of him at long last.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am

He looked at the women with a smile upon his features ‘’ well I am out for a stroll, I am mostly outside the Palace now a days, I am not fond of being kept in doors like how my twin seems to be.’’ he seem to consider his next words ‘’ Most my family are perhaps different than what you may be used to. ‘’ he said calmly as he seems a bit more relaxed he listened to the birds and casually glancing upon the shadowy parts of the forests ‘’ it is said that these shadow connects into the realm of shadows, least what my grandfather use to tell me as a child…however some seem to think him a bit insane ‘’
With a shrug as he spoke more in a conversational manner and treating her equally ‘’ so tell me where about are you from?’’ he looks at her as his eyes on occasions would glance around as discreetly as possible. He would glance at the birds as well as he eyes the women some up and down as if observing her or perhaps checking her out in a manner of speaking. He was casual about it of course ‘’ I am interested in knowing more about you perhaps ‘’ he gazes upon her eyes revealing his sky blue eyes one of his most distinct features of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 am

“Well my lord I am from DragonRidge just north of Shadows Keep by about seven days. I myself just thought I would go out on an adventure and learn about the world and try to help as many people as I possibly can. But I fear I am a bit lost now. “ She would say being truthful. “As for your family I think it will be as you see it I have heard of a place where shadow magic comes from but I have never dared to venture beyond the realm of the light. “ She would say to him softly. She would look down to the ground for a moment not sure of what else to say her mind would be racing with thoughts of family that she left behind her own royal emblem
that would be apparent on her index finger. Looking around for a moment she would take in the sights and sounds her mind full of questions. "What else would my lord care to know?" she would ask of him with a charming smile on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

He leaned back against a tree by her side as he watched the sights before him as he considered her words. ‘’ I am Thalos, just call me that…I am not a fan of titles ‘’ he offered with a slight smile ‘’ as far as I am concerned you are as equal to me as the next person. Even my father is not a fan of being called an Emperor though he has to accept it as such. ‘’ he seems to be relaxed some as he folded his hands together ‘’ So perhaps he is not as crazy as I thought, my twin brother of course his dreams he wants to become just like him someday…Me on the other hand, I am not sure what I will become. ‘’ He sighs admitting ‘’ I don’t wish to be an Emperor someday I do not desire to rule an Empire; I desire something more than that. ‘’ He gazed upon her eyes for the moment ‘’ What about you and your family, what are they like? ‘’ he took upon the sights as birds seem to fly about and the shadows seem to dance around the trees he noted this closely. He let the last statement hang in the air intentionally to see if she would be interested in knowing. ‘’ you must be hungry to have travelled such a long way ‘’ as he said this he opened up his travelling pack for he had many variety of foods and rations upon his journeys he would offer her some honey dew apples perhaps ‘’ take whatever you need mi’lady..’’ he offered as he gazed at her in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

" Thalos,alright I can do that. Please just call me Lanna." she would say to him with a smile. "As for my family they are well I come from a line of royalty as well but they make sure to go by title and rank of everything. I think they are a bit of a headache as much as I love them I find them to be annoying as well. But I guess that is the way it is with all families I am sure. She would look at him hearing his words her stomach would be empty but she would shake her head no and politely decline what he is offering her not sure of what it was. "No thank you Thalos I have some sweet honey elven bread with me should I get hungry." she would say to him with a smile. As for being a ruler in both our cases its something we don't want but it is what we are meant to do. A wise man once told me that As a ruler you have the responsibility of not just your kingdom but of the people as well and that a good ruler will always put his people first before himself and do what is right and good for them. " Moving her staff closer to her body she would sigh softly looking around she would kneel down and pluck up a smooth stone which looks to be made of jade. Lanna would hand it to Thalos with a smile on her face "Sometimes even the most simple of things holds a world all of their own." she would say to him with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

He looks at her as he listened to her intently after she declined his offer and as she spoke he tied up his travelling pack once more, only taking out an apple as he begins to cut it in several slices listening to her tale intently. His gazed upon hers and offered a knowing smile he knew what she said and that she spoke truly of course on it. ‘’ I have never set foot in the realm of shadows, however…I know my grandfather has and father ‘’ he said calmly as he looked at her ‘’ you have a pretty name by the way Lanna ‘’ he said to her with a slight smile upon his face. ‘’ So would you like to join me I am venturing back to the Palace and by the looks of it you might need a guide’’ he gazes at her with hopes she would say yes to joining him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:20 am

She would look at him a sweet smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she would answer his question “Yes I would be honored if you would be my guide Thalos.” Looking down at her clothing she would realize that she must look like a complete mess in his eyes. Looking up she would notice a few white fluffy altostratus clouds lazily floating on by. Reaching down slowly into her right sleeve of her clothing she would pull out a handkerchief and lightly touch it to her face. “So tell me Thalos is it everyday you come out here to get away from it all?” she would ask him. Avoiding the topic of the shadow realm and its magic which in her kingdom belongs to Mystra Goddess of the shadow weave once a greater goddess who guided the magic that enveloped Dragonridge and its surrounding space. Mystra tended to the Weave constantly, making possible all the miracles and mysteries wrought by magic and users of magic. Sighing softly she would look to Thalos once more a weak smile played on her lips as her thoughts would come back to the current state in which she is not sure anymore if she should relax or be guarded like she always is. But something in the back of her mind would tell her to trust herself and to trust him.She wanted to deny her instincts but there was something about his smile and they way he spoke to her made her feel like she could tell him anything which for her was very odd and strange. Yet she would find herself almost willing to tell him what he wanted to know. Looking around the forest floor she would notice the shadows still moving about it would appear that they have gotten closer to them but she began to wonder if that was just her mind playing tricks on her due to the fact she is fatigued and has not had a bit of sleep since she has been on the road. The forest canopy would give off just enough shade to keep her from getting sunburned, the sounds of nature all around them she would start walking looking for animal life. She would look at him for a moment her heart pounding in her chest . “So what is your kingdom like ? “ she would ask him.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Thalos smiled ‘’ I do a lot of adventuring of my own, I often go out of the Palace and sometimes…’’ he seemed downcast about this for the moment ‘’ I sometimes have to sneak out of the Palace grounds just to escape the daily life of an Prince, and I rather not deal with the politics right now…I rather have a simple childhood. ‘’ he explained as he took a small knife and begin to cut his apple in slices ‘’ I am ready to take the journey to the Empire whenever you are mi’lady however it is a several hour trip back, perhaps we should rest here a night and take the trip back…I just hope we don’t have to run into my brother…fair warning I am a twin ‘’ he added as he ate a slice of apple. He leaned back against the tree as he silently watched the forests movements, the wind brushing past the two as his cloak fluttering against the wind ‘’ The Empire it’s quite a lovely place if you avoid the bad areas of the town, we have a healing clinic for those who are injured we have a healer her name is Rosaria and from what I heard she is the best in the Empire, and that he and my grandfather use to be friends for a very long time. ‘’ he explained as he considered it for a moment only to shrug his shoulders ‘’ The Politics are more based off a council, they like to vote on things before deciding upon what is best for the Empire, the Emperor, my father.. He makes the final decisions he is a wise man ‘’ he added with a nod as he explained the Empire to the best of his abilities. ‘’ My father is name Lazuli Carnisor and my mother his wife, the Empress her name is Destiny Carnisor they run the Empire as if they run a family, they consider the whole of the Empire like there family…’’ he ate another slice of apples as he chewed on it and swallowed it. ‘’ Everyone there are treated equally, there are no title such as lords or ladies… ‘’ he gazed at her for a moment ‘’ My father defends the balance, our Empire is natural to outside wars or influences, we are a peaceful Empire for those who desire peace, however my father is now a Temporal defender and defends the time and space continuum with his new toy he has, Thassarian gave to him…a dragon of time ‘’ he explained in a conversational tone of voice as he did his best to remember things about the Empire, he would fall silent as he over looked the shadows once more as they danced about taking note of it. he placed his hands behind his back as he sighed softly and calmly ‘’ Enough about me, tell me more about yourself, what you like to do on your free time, as well as what your Kingdom is like…’’ he gazed at her for a moment ‘’ My life is a bit boring perhaps compared to yours…’’ he said rather cheerfully despite himself glad for some communication from someone other than his family or brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:08 pm

“Ah the life of a princess” she would say in a joking fashion. “Well where to begin but the beginning. I grew up in Dragons Ridge I was raised near the weave of magic I once followed the Goddess Mystra but was soon to learn that she was not everything I had hoped she would be . I was lucky enough to have more freedom to do what I wanted as long as I still did my duties as a princess. My father was the one who rules with an iron fist and my mother rules with gentle hand equal to my father. I have no siblings of my own after my mother had me she said no to father and it was too hard on her I nearly killed her. They say I was born dead and the through the grace of Corellon Larethian I was given back my life and ever since I was always looking for ways to better serve him and the people but I know in my heart I need to simply just need to grow up a little more and experience the world. My life is pretty simple really nothing fancy other than what I have at home. Honestly I have never been this far from home in a while so I am enjoying this moment before I return some day to take my place once more. “ Looking around she would feel very sad for the moment before she would look up at him her mind racing with rushing thoughts one right after the other. She would look at him for a moment thinking on his words as she would sit down on the forest floor her head starting ot hurt a little from lack of sleep. "I think you are right she would say to him we should rest here for a bit before we carry on i am admittedly tired."
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 pm

He looked upon her for a moment as he listened to her tale, she did live an interesting life. Least in comparison to his own, he smiled at her warmly ‘’ it seems almost as if fate had caused us to meet ‘’ he had no idea why he would say it in such a way. Thalos was young and innocent yet still, though in the past if time has not changed or his father saved him, that would have not been the case. The innocent of his youth of course seem to be revealed upon his features upon the young prince. However he still had dreams, nightmares perhaps of those past events that seem to have been altered, those nightmares have prevented him from sleeping lately and whenever he woke the next morning he always seemed to be sweating. ‘’ I will keep watch for you Lanna ‘’ he offered a slight smile her way ‘’ while you sleep that is…’’ he pulled out his sword and laid it beside him and fell silent as he watched the shadows danced around once more and the moon beginning to rise as night fall seems evident..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Watching the sun go down as the vast sky turns to its many different shades of blue, red, yellow, and even a shade of purple. As the sun sinks down behind the large tree tops. The sky would give way to brilliant black velvet with stars bursting to life twinkling brilliantly; some of them even make up the many constellations that vary in shape and size but nonetheless can be seen on a clear night. Surrounding the most beautiful orange full harvest moon that gives off a romantic glow as it shines down brightly upon the earth below embracing it softly like a mother's touch. Across the lush green lands below a playful north wind dances over the dark green blades of thick grass causing them to bend and sway much like the tree tops bend a sway knocking down a few cherry blossom flowers. The playful wind would blow carrying the bright pink cherry blossom flowers over the lake dropping them all around the forest floor. At the first kiss of nightfall when all the stars have come out and the moon is high in the black velvet night sky the woods and forest would come to life with the songs of the night. A symphony of music such as frogs croaking, crickets chirping, as the rhythm of the music comes to life the howl of a pack of wolves can be heard across the open meadows and fields of cotton and wheat echoing off the base of the mountains reaching as far as the water. In the velvet black sky dark gray ominous clouds floating lazily on by slowly gathering together for what is to be a storm that will not soon be forgotten by anyone at all. The temperature would begin to slowly drop as the wind gust would pick up a little, nothing noticeable really.Lanna would curl up in her robes looking around for a moment before her eyes would get heavy enough to close her staff right beside her in hands reach just in case she would need it, But before she would drift off completely she would smile at him “Thank you” is all she would say as she would go unconscious for the night
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 am

Thalos leaned against the tree, as he listens to the forest sound the music it seems to play. He looked upon the stars and the moon as it shinned overhead upon the forest. He watched as leaves fell down upon the ground below. His senses seem to pick up as he became aware of his surrounding’s he was alert and wide awake, something stirred within the thick of the woods.
Thalos felt alarmed and he was fearful, he kept still and silent as he listened becoming one with the forests a meditative trance. He was able to pin-point every location of each animal that grazed upon the fields over yonder, he spotted the frogs that sang out to them upon the night, he saw bears sleeping upon there caves, saw wolves prowl around the forest grounds hunting their prey with gleaming eyes that reflected upon the moonlight, he focused his thoughts around the area a flicker of light was shown as camp seem to have been made, Orcs they were as they spoke amongst each other hooting and howling upon the night.
Thalos was glad of course they did not build a fire, he was sure they would of spotted the two by now. He dared not wake Lanna right now to inform her of the camp not to far from them, he came back to conciseness. He did not let her take watch this night, he pulled the cowl of his cloak tighter before him, he hasn’t slept in ages it would seem fearful of his own dreams perhaps. The sun begins to rise casting it’s glow upon the waking world before them, where all the creatures go back into the shadows once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:35 pm

(Dreaming) Spring would be in full swing as the birds would be chirping and soaring high in the heavens , the animals below would be grazing on the lush green grass growing in the open meadows. White fluffy clouds would sail lazily on by . The mountains off in the distance would have a snow covered peak a gentle southern wind would blow across the horizon. But soon sky would grow dark gray ominous clouds floating lazily on by slowly gathering together for what is to be a storm that will not soon be forgotten by anyone at all. The temperature would begin to slowly drop as the wind gust would pick up a few, nothing noticeable really. The clouds would begin to form a down draft (A column of generally cool air that rapidly sinks to the ground, usually accompanied by precipitation as in a shower or thunderstorm.) As the storm would start to intensify the area would become magnetized as a flash of bright pink lightning would strike the ground below to start a small fire in a pile of dead leaves slowly the fire would spread to the trees and dead grass, the flames would flicker and lick at the area as the wind would be picking up would cause it to move a spread faster. Forcing the wildlife to flee for their lives as the flames would consume the woods and move across the open meadow inching its way to a nearby sleepy village. The villagers would be awoken to the smell of something burning and thick smoke. Many of them would do their very best to combat the fire and try to put it out before too much damage was done to the several small homes and crops. But to no avail the raging fire burned everything leaving it to ash and ruble and homes left in ruins. The storm would give way to rain helping with the putting out of the fire but it left several injured and many dead still with some missing. The devastation already done with the morning light slowly creeping over the horizon the smell of burning embers and flesh filled the air covering the once sweet scent of flowers. As the smoked cleared away along with the mist from the fields the people of the village would start to clear away some of the rubble little by little the missing would be found huddled together buried and burned alive. The screams of them having never reached the ears of the others over the roaring fires, one by one the bodies are pulled away from the rubble of homes and laid out in the street. Several men would find mother holding their children trying to shield and protect them from the flames. But out of the darkness came hope when a young girl was found standing in the rubble with a soft pale light around her many know this place to be the home of a very powerful mage also healer. The pale light would be a circle of protection from harm and against evil. But what surprised them all the more was a young make child hidden behind her wrapped up tight in a blanket. But as dawn was so close to nearing more trouble had found the people of the village. Drow raiders lead by the most ruthless of them all. The drows would take slaves and the ones that fought back found them self in an early grave. The younger having the young boy with her made a dash for the woods with him. Using the opportunity of the invaders being busy with the adults they really had not noticed the two. So using what is left of the cover of night they hide in the thickness of the woods finding a tree trunk big enough to hide them both. The young girl seeing the young boy scared and shivering would take off her father’s cloak and wrap it tightly around him to help keep him warm only offering a warm smile to him. Waiting until the sun was in the sky and its warm rays of light to shine down on their faces. The young girls’ eyes would open seeing that it is daylight and safe to travel would turn and shake the young boy softly watching him stir a little and look at her with big round eyes. Both smiling they would exit the tree trunk that kept them both safe from harm. As they walked they would stumble upon a pathway that was not there before or at least never seen. So not thinking anything about it they would start walking down it how little they knew it is the secret Elven path to the Elvish kingdom of Ravenswood a three day journey by horseback but a week’s walk on foot. But if their luck holds out someone will find and rescue them before something unpleasant finds them first. The young girl looking at the young lad who travels with her would smile holding his hand as they walked. Softly she would begin to speak to him her tone low and gentle like a spring rain. “My name is Lanna, what is your name? It’s alright I promise I won’t let any harm come to you.” She smiled warmly at him. Startling herself out of the dream she would look around for a moment to see where she is. Her keen eyes sharp like a hawk would spot every little thing this was some place new. "Why recall that horrible day now after all this time?" she asked her self as she looked around noticing the night around her seeing Thalos wide awake and on full alert she would whisper to him but just as she would go to whisper to him she would hear the sounds of the orc near by a low growl would come from her lips as she would get to her feet.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm

He continued to lean against the tree as he continued to hear the noise from the Orcs encampments, the low fires burning. The sun did come up however and the noise seem to have vanished, however he looked to regard Lanna for a moment as she came out of her sleep hearing the growl escape her lips at the mere sound of the Orcs, Thalos closed his eyes and remained steady upon his feet, his hand around the hilt of his sword as he focused upon the Orcs, Thalos watched out of the corner of his eyes at Lanna as he regarded her with a nod and a hushed tone.

He crept his way through the brush of the trees as all seemed silent he peered ahead for a moment as he saw the small encampment they seemed to be asleep, with several guards on Patrol covering themselves upon the shades of the trees, huts it would seem that was built almost like a small Orc settlement. He gazed his eyes shifted as he watched them. He prayed to the gods that Lanna would have enough sense not to charge into battle, he jumped down from a branch landing as quietly as he can. The sentries not too far seem to have heard the noise and he glared over at the trees around the corner of his eyes.

As he turned to regard the noise, Thalos silently moved into the shadows perhaps deeper into them as he melded himself with it, for the time being he raised his hands to signal Lanna to stay there as he back tracked to her ‘’ A small Orc encampment ‘’ he said in elfish tongue low voice. His eyes scanned the area once more ‘’ I am not convinced they pose a threat at this given time, upon nightfall we wait till there asleep and we ambush them.’’ He explained his plan to her ‘’ I shall call for some assistance perhaps in the meantime, upon my journey I have learned some sorcery and I’ll need a clear enough space to work my spell casting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Staying put Lanna would watch him move into the Orc encampment a come back with me information as she would look at him for a long moment admiring his bravery she would whisper softly to him. “Why do I get the feeling I am about to be…..” she would not even get the words out as she would look and notice several orc moving in their direction. She would look to Thalos and sigh softly moving so her back would be up against the tree. “Go now” she hiss at him to go hide in hopes that he would come back for her later on since the orc did not see him but due to her brightly colored clothing she was a guaranteed target. She hates orc just about as much as she dislikes drow an it would not be her first go round with a group of orc she could only hope that Thalos skills with magic and blade would be enough to save both their rear ends this time or would she have to at last fight and give in to her magic and use divine magic to get them out of the mess they are about to be in.For here it was as if that dream she had was happening all over again and this time she was the little girl and Thalos was the young boy she traveled with. Her heart would start beating faster in her chest as she would notice the cured weapons of the orc and the god awful smell of them she would only hope that Thalos and herself would make it out alive.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm

He took his sword as he dug some ruins upon the ground in a circle he moved over the markings being careful not to mess it up, for he would need the protection when he calls fourth the elementals. He grabs something out of his bags, luckily it was an enchanted bag to hold as much stuff as he desired. He pulls out several candles as he lights them each with a candle he stacks them around the circle it was incent, reds, blues and greens as well as black flames came to life upon these candles.
He seemed lost in thought and he didn’t really need to be within the Orc encampment to know the layouts. He glanced at Lanna with a nod as he moved into the circle, the ruins if looked from a skyward angel was the symbol of chaos for his family served chaos as well as the eternal balance of the multiverse.
He closed his eyes as he loses himself allowing him to drift away from the world around him, he called fourth the elementals of earth as he entered there plain , his corporal form begin to rise slowly upon the air as he chanted softly. His fingers drawing upon the air as if making a gateway of sorts, he called upon the winds as black clouds begin to roll upon the open plains where the Orcs rested, the wind begin to blow swiftly upon them.
Rain begins to pour down from the skies as crackles of thunder could be heard. Lightening streaked across the skies dancing about the clouds as if they had a mind of their own, crashing down hard upon the unsuspecting sentries which soon set blaze tot here towers. Thalos opened his eyes, as he remained focused as he watched his summoning’s take affect; however he was not sure how well protected Lanna would be, he hoped she sought cover as he guided the winds around them upon the encampment, his cloak seems to be fluttering about him, he slowly stood up calling fourth to the gods as his power seems to be increased ten-fold for anyone to sense his power
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Looking over at Thalos for a long moment knowing she would have to be both defender and bait until he would be able to get his magic casting ready. Only praying that he would not take too long for as a healer she only would have some knowledge of combat but not enough to really do much damage unless she is forced to do so like she is about to be. Whistling softly the sound of a lone wolfs cry would echo throughout the forest as a large black timber wolf would approach the side of Lanna snarling and growling at the orc as they would approach the area she would be standing in.

Looking to Kain her wolf she would snap her fingers twice giving him the a command to protect her from behind. Kain would look to her his bright blue eyes would shine in the shadows of the forest giving a huff back in response to her orders. Looking back over to Thalos she would quickly think of what to say “Do hurry am not strong in combat” she would whisper as the orcs would draw closer to them. The sound of their heavy footsteps would ring out loud enough to for them to hear which direction they are coming from.
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 am

He seemed half aware of what was going on so lost in thought was he, so concentrated upon the incantations he was muttering, which to normal people would have been some form of gibberish talk. He saw the Orcs spotted them and made their way towards them. A smile crept upon his face as he eyed the group advancing the lightning above moved down in a single blast striking down upon the Orc commander causing the Orcs to scramble in disarray.

Some falling back or running as typical Orc do when there leaders are down for the count. Then another series of lightning struck down the Orcs towers and sentries as the building begins to catch on fire. Thalos continued his chanting and spell casting, again another lightning streak across the skies and heading towards the earth’s surface striking down upon the main hut within the small encampment, he called upon the woodland creatures the denizens of the forest as the Orcs advanced upon his new friend he had made recently

howling could be heard off the distance the wolves thundered across the forest grounds pouncing the Orcs as they neared as if they got closer to her sword in the air, a wolf pounced upon one as several other packs of wolves joined in the fray as they went into her defense upon Thalos calling, a smile crept upon his face after his spell was a success he broke free of his concentration and moved swiftly towards Lanna sword in hand as he cut down another Orc before he even realized what just happened ‘’ I think it’s time to go now, let’s make our way to the Empire and fast ‘’ he would then grab hold of her hand in attempts to drag her away in a rush to get to the Empire as the day time seems to wane a bit before the Orcs can regroup in hopes to reach the city in time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 am

Panic would sink into her bones as she watched him work his magic when the sudden sound of lightning would crack across the open sky and strike the ground below several feet away from them. Sending the orcs into a state of panic as well making them scatter into the bushes and other area of hiding. For a moment of hesitation she felt herself freeze in place when the warmth of Thalos hand grabbed her own and lightly jerked her along with him. Looking around as they ran to off to safety she would feel her shoes kick off from being so lose on her feet she would turn her head to look back for a split second only to see Kain right on their heels running with them as quick as he could move. Soon the empire would come into view as her breathing would be hard from running now bare foot. She would look to Thalos

"Hold on a moment ! I lost my shoes." she would say to him breathless and tired with a large amount of adrenalin coursing through her veins After she realized what she had said she would start laughing as she would keep moving up beside him. Wondering why she suddenly had a total girl moment and flipped out about her shoes. Looking around for a long moment before she would come to a stop beside him.

"So now that we out ran the orc what do we do now?"
Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 am

After they had reached some good distance putting as much ground as possible from the Orcs as the fighting seem to continue, the wolves seem to have had the advantage buying the two time, only several Orcs seem to have chased after them and as they neared the Empire they seem to have halted as arrows flew from the archers hitting them square upon the chests staggering the Orcs back. He turned to regard his handy work as he saw the storm around the Orcs encampment still going on. He paused long enough to watch it, and using an eagle as his sights as he watched the Orcs camp destroyed completely and not a single soul was left alive.
With a wave of his hands the cloud dispersed and the sun was out once more, as the wolves went back to their normal grazing spots. He leaned back against the walls of the Empire as he looked upon Lanna catching his breath ‘’ you want to go back there, to get your shoe….’’ He looked at her as he kept a straight face and yet he was calm ‘’ There is no way in hell I will allow you to go back, and nor would I risk our lives over a shoe…’’ he seems to be panting as if out of breath from the exhaustion of his magic he used up too much as is and already weakened he was not as skilled as his father and grandfather who can use it without tiring so much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 am

She would look at him seeing his reaction shaking her head she would wave her hands and sigh deeply. Looking over at him she would know that going back for her shoes would only mean certain death for them . So not wanting to argue with him she would look down at her feet for a second as an arrow being a near miss would fly past her and into the chest of a orc. At that moment she would look up at the archers her brown eyes would hold gratitude in them. Thankful the archers have keen eyes and persist aim.

Looking back over at Thalos she would reach down to her side and hand him her water skin still cold and fresh . Moving a few inches closer to him she would place the water skin in his hands without saying a single word for the longest of moments for now her eyes spoke volumes as if telling him to drink and the look was not one of the requests but more of an order. Reaching up she would comb her long dainty finger nails through her hair getting what she could away from her face.

At least she would find the words to express what she is currently thinking “If I was as worried about my shoes as you apparently think I am I would go back and get them myself but since I am not as worried over my shoes and more grateful that I am alive thanks to you an Kain and your archers …I see no reason as to why not make a joke about it and relax to slow the rush of adrenaline that currently is rushing through our veins. Unless you know of a better way to calm a person down?” she would say to him.

After a moment Lanna moved away from Thalos just looking at him for a long moment not really saying a single word to him. It was not long before the black Timber wolf would approach his silken black fur covered in dirt and grim. Moving around to the right side of Lanna placing his cold wet nose against the palm of her hand. A slow smile would creep over Lannas lips her eyes of chocolate brown would turn and gaze to Kain seeing that he is alright was now important to her. Kneeling down to be eye level with Kain she would run her hands over his muscular frame with a soft bluish white glow would encompass her hands as she gently ran her hands up and down kains body healing the minor injuries he got from the scrap with the orcs. After all it was not every day that Kain got into fights unless he was protecting himself or Lanna. It was odd for Kain to meet Lanna who was at the time only a mere child and him a young pup who lost his mother due to poachers and was left on his own to fend for himself. Lanna would have been walking through the woods with her father at that time when she spotted the animal and like all children do she rushed up to it wanting to pet the animal. Of course when she first got to Kain he was all growls and snarls typical of a young pup who is trying to be fearsome. But Lanna had none of that she simply tapped his nose with her finger and shushed him by offering some jerky that she had on her for a snack before lunch.

It was from then on that Kain and Lanna became close friends never been apart from the other for to long of time. Kain would look up at Thalos and give a snort as if to say Thanks but he also gave a disapproving look to Thalos as well only because he is new to Lanna and himself and he was not a trusting animal of just anyone. But giving Thalos a chance like he did with everyone else up until they proved him right he would refrain from any biting and growling unless he got to close to Lanna. A soft chuckle would escape Lanna as she would hear Kain and see his disapproving gaze to Thalos fully knowing why Kain would give such a snort and look. So understanding that look she would stay near Kain allowing Kain to rest at her feet beside her.

Back to top Go down
Thalos Carnisor
Accepted Member

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am

Thalos leaned against the wall sighing his relief knowing they won’t have to go back out to get it; he watched the archers at work and smiled wearily. ‘’ We best get inside before it gets dark and they shut the gates ‘’ he would motion the two to follow as he made his way through the mud and dirt, and entering through the gates unsure whether or not they would follow him inside. The streets were busier more than usual it would seem, he looked about the markets as the shops seem to be opened and shoppers buying the usual wears.
He noted the shadowy areas as well where robbers might be and possible ambush spots. Several guards recognized him being there Prince as they seem to stand to each side of him as if protecting him and he looked rather embarrassed look to him ‘’ I don’t need protection! I just defeated an Orc encampment me and my new friend did ‘’ he said rather haughtily as he crossed his arms and glared at the soldiers ‘’ I can handle myself here within my own home.. ‘’ He sighs softly as he waved them away they were muttering to themselves ‘’ Just like his grandfather was, always wanting to do things alone, as well as his father.’’ they looked at him rather suspiciously as they considered it and shrugged and went on their way.
Thalos frowned and watched them depart as he noted there glares, he wasn’t sure why they would give him that look. He heard stories of his grandfather’s exploits before he vanished or perhaps died. Of how he craved power and how the corruption of such power destroyed him, and how he saved his father from his own fate. He only hoped and prayed that they didn’t hear what they said as he glared ahead and frowned there he decided to wait for Lanna and her companion to catch up
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am

Lanna and Kain would look at the royal guards for a moment before turning her gaze back to Thalos. Kain would nudge Lanna into walking with him , feeling kain giving a nudge she would start waking with him into the castle looking around at the beautiful castle admiring how well built the palace is.

"Are you alright Thalos?" she would ask of him not sure if he was alright or not . But she and Kain would continue to follow him into the castle area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long ways from home.    

Back to top Go down

A long ways from home.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next