Tallendon
Log-in to your account to disable advertisements!

Tallendon

The only limit, is the breadth of your imagination.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cirdan and Drisinil's commentary
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm by Lazuli Carnisor

» Wow, it's been a while Tallendon!
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A Stranger no more? Part 2
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» The New Clinic (Exterior and Interior)
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:03 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» New arrival.((open))
Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm by Serenity Carnisor

» Laptop issues
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm by Rosaria_Selorn

» An update for my life happenings.
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» ... A stranger no more?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am by Rosaria_Selorn

» Finally Home.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm by Elros Carnisor

» Some rest at last?
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am by Kara

» Serenity
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am by Serenity Carnisor

» A new Beginning
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm by Thasrissian

» Not leaving but returning?
Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» The blackening of the sky!
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm by Lyo the Shadow Whistle

» A Change of Plans (Part of the Rise of the Drow RP and also will have adult content be advised )
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm by Bianca Rosemont

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Share | 

Cruel,Cruel, Irony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 pm

It wasn't exactly easy being a dark elf who picked up the human ways, and to add to that, he's not exactly the best with the law.This unlucky boy was Lachion Ciwon. For some reason, thievery came easy to him. If he wanted something, he'd take it, and speaking of which, the boy was about to get his hands on a gentleman's dagger. Not sure if it was an heirloom, or what,but he wanted it. He went up to the skinny,blonde,haired blue eyed man and said, "Hello my good man would you care to make a wager." The man said with a smirk,"Sure child, I'll play your little games." The elf was really hoping his plan would work."You see my friend, I have a way with animals, and I bet you your nice little knife their, that I can call a wild hound with one whistle!"What would I receive if you don't."said the man with a grunt and smile."I shall give you a dairy cow I received from my dead grandfather."he said lying through his teeth."Alright,your on."And he began to laugh.

The boy cocked his head back and whistled a tune.Then began to use made up words as if casting a spell."Fallax,jono,montrarico."The boy said trying not to smile nor laugh.After doing that little performance again,His loyal mutt,Scrappy, came to his aid.After him having to argue with the man a few times about the mix breed pooch,he came to his senses that his little pup was a dwarf wolf!"Well,a deals a deal, surrender your dagger."said the sly dark elf.ALRIGHT!"He then said some things that certainly shouldn't be used in pleasant conversation.He made his way to Tallendon's weapons market.He sold the dagger for two more gold pieces,he was famous for using elves fears against them.His fear was rats.A few squeaks and he stole some money out of the box.After leaving the place he returned to a butchery to give Scrappy a reward,but he realized that that was the same guy who he had the predicament with!'He looked to the mutt and said "Maybe bread will be better for this occasion."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:37 am

She walked down the streets with her staff in hand being small she was used to almost being stepped on and trampled under foot in the market yet today the business seemed slow. She seemed dazed daydreaming of happier times and places. Before life had hardened her and her memory shattered staring up at her fragments of the past that never seemed to fit all together she seemed constantly to be missing one piece or another. Perhaps age had finally taken its toll on her. Who could say? She touched some bolts of silk she had enjoyed things once and she still did but she knew well silk did not protect.

She overheard voices as if from and looked over missing the thievery but she did spot the dark elf she beamed and ran over "Reuel my Lord Reuel you came for me! Oh how I should box your ears for leaving me up here but I understand I am an elf and your mother a Matron our love could never be in the dark caverns bellow." She had mistaken him for another but was not about to give up.

She beamed up at him and and reached for his arms "Let us get dinner together for old times sake? I will treat cause I am sure you are not yet used to the surface customs and how your eyes must sting. After a year with you mine stung when I came back up but oh the Stars you remember I talked about them? The moon and the flowers? Such beauty as you will never find in the gloom of the Underdark."

The woman wasn't afraid of him in fact she couldn't seem to keep her paws off him it was a wonder she hadn't jumped on him then and there. Her violet eyes twinkled. She looked to the mutt ad dropped down to her knees beaming and cooing to the animal "And Who is this love?" She reached out to let the dog sniff her hand. If anyone came starting to bother him she would step i and defend him. With words and magic if needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am

He looked up into the elves violet eyes and said "I think you've spent a little to long in the pub. Although you seem like a very charming lady,but I've never seen you in my life. Maybe I do know you from the under dark,maybe not,who to tell. I wouldn't be able to tell. I'm sorry but you may follow us on our quest for gold,the more the merrier."

"Yet again,I'm sorry if this causes you any problems,but I'm not your spouse. I hope you take up me and Scrappy's offer. I don't mean to offend you,but I believe that your a little...........strange." He said trying to scrape up some comedic relief. "The offer is still on the table."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:09 pm

She blinked and pouted hurt by his words she thrust her lower lip out and wrinkled her nose in distaste pulling her arms off him it was clear the boy was not her Lord Reuel not even close. She huffed and put her hands on her hips "Lord Reuel wasn't my spouse I was his servant ad the one he confided in and loved." She tossed her hair and turned her head to hide her pain.

"Strange that coming from a drow with a dog wandering a market?" She said clearly less then pleased and she closed her eyes. She rubbed her eyes with her head turned away. Never show weakness in front of another it could be fatal. "You seem a little young for quests I saw you from the side but now that I see you clear.. you are only a boy. Where then is your family? I can offer you what assistance I can."

She clasped her hands and looked down thinking how one so young had made it here alive? Clearly an act of fate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm

The dark elf was shocked.He sat down for that tremendous emotional blow."I'm certainly sorry,as for your second question.I don't know,I really wish I did,but I have a fogged memory. All remember is fire,and hands reaching out.My family probably doesn't want me anymore anyway,so I steal and barter to get by."The boy huffed then wiped his eyes."I have no family,but my little pup,and if you want to help,you can start by trying to get me some cash,and although I'm not your Lord Reuel,hope that dinner offer is still good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 pm

She felt his pain empathicly and felt bad that she had stung him no none of her pain as his fault the small she elf walked over and offered him her hand. "Yes my offer still stands, you are not who I thought you to be but I made an offer and you look like you could use another friend in the world."

She helped him up and dusted him off "I am sorry my tongue has grown sharper over the years I had no right to lash out at you please forgive me. I am Lady Sharla Moonhaven and though time has changed kings and rulers i this land I remember the place well from when I was younger though perhaps not so young as you."

She lead him to a nearby tavern where the two of them could get a good meal with minimal trouble this place was better then some but Drow were not easily trusted anywhere even in their own home.She ordered meat and bread for them to share and a salad for each of them. "I can have them bring you tea or fresh milk if you like if it was fall the apple cider would be to die for.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 pm

The boy looked around feeling strange. For some reason,this position felt surprisingly familiar. Some how,he knew he had been here before. The little dark elf forgot the question Lady Sharla asked him. "Milk please,I hate to be a bother,but does this place seem weird,He then realized why,he had robbed this tavern. He was shaky through out the rest of the dining,drumming his fingers,tapping his feet,and biting his lip. "Ss-so, tt-tell mm-e abb-bout yourself." He said in a shaky tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

She smiled at him ordering his milk and for herself some tea with cream. She noticed his nervousness and felt it. She not being a mind reader didn't know what caused it she assumed it was because the patrons and the barkeep were staring at him she stood to her full height of 4' 6 and slammed her hands on the table making the plates clatter and the drinks slosh in their cups. "If you have issue with my companion you would do well to address them to me and stop your bloody staring before I lose my temper and burn this place Down to ashes." She said starting out calm but by the end she was yelling much louder then one would have expected from her size. Sparks and scorch marks appeared under her hand and she then sat back down.

She huffed and tossed her hair indignantly and sipped her tea. "I am Lady Sharla I am a healer and a priestess and if there is one thing I cant stand it's injustice. I can do a fair amount of holy magic and healing and I sew as well its not much but it pays the bills."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm

"Cool,"He said with a smirk"Speaking of injustice,I might have stolen a little or a lot of stuff,to get by of course. For instance,I tried to scam a man out of a very nice dagger,and it worked. I rely on my theft skills to get by. It's not a nice way for a child to spend his time,this I understand,but it's the only skill I have. Although I cannot stop,I'm really not sure if I want to. It's so fun." The boy flinched expecting a rant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am

She stopped mid chew and looked at him with a look that made the room drop about 4 degrees. She looked at him and swallowed hard looking like she rather might scold him. She took her coin purse it was virtually all the money she had saved in the last year and tossed it on the table.

"That is yours for the keeping if you think you can keep your nose clean. I would like a see a drow like you become famous for more then his petty thievery" She sat back watching him and waited to see if he would take the offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 am

The drow sighed"Although I have no means of disrespect,I won't except your offer. I like who I am,so what if I'm what some people call a bad guy. You may turn me in if desired." The dark elf put his hands out in front of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm

She shook her head and pushed his hands down lightly. "I am a priestess not a gaurd, I can talk, and heal, and beseech you to see the light but your choice is yours to make. I would warn you it doesn't always turn out for the best you tread."

She took three gold coins from her coin purse ad pressed them into his hand it wasn't a lot but she hoped it would help him. "Invest in yourself and in your future you are young and promise lays before you like an open road. Mind your feet and you could wind up in your dreams, else in a living nightmare."

She stood and paid their tab and leaned in and kissed his forehead before heading to the door. "I am the lady of light and my door will remain open to you. All you must do is seek me out."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 pm

The boy sat their,confused,angry,and sad.The words of the priestess echoed. She was right,He could do so much more,but what?He then thought maybe stealing from the rich and giving to the needy? No,he couldn't do that. Maybe this is what fate had bestowed upon the young drow.Yeah,Lachion Ciwon, thief he liked the way that sounded.He then headed out and towards the forest hoping to hide his emotions. Sad but not alone,he looked to his pooch and said,"At least I have you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruel,Cruel, Irony   

Back to top Go down

Cruel,Cruel, Irony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1